10 Simple Things To Help You Be The Best Version Of Yourself This Decade

It's not so hard to be best.

5
Matt Hoffman

With a new year, comes new year's resolutions. 2020 seems to have an added weight in that it's not only the start of a brand new year, but the beginning of a brand new decade full of new experiences. If your new year's resolution was to live a healthier life this year, here are a few useful tips for living a happier, healthier life.

1. Drink More Water

It can be as simple as replacing a soda a day with a bottle of water a day, but your body will thank you for the added H2O.

2. Make time for friends who lift you up

Happier people tend to be healthier, physically and emotionally. So, set up a few days a month to simply surround yourself with supportive people.

3. Increase Your Vegetable Intake

Vegetables are full of so many wonderful things, yet the life of a college student is often voided of these key foods. A can of green beans is relatively cheap though, and you need the iron, ladies.

4. Find a form of exercise that you enjoy

It may be hard to start out, but once you find your niche, exercising can be a wonderful stress-reliever and an absolutely wonderful way to strengthen your body.

5. Take quiet time for yourself each day

Whether it's just five minutes standing in the shower or an hour of reading your favorite book, give yourself the time to just enjoy your independence and the beauty of just being alone.

6. Indulge your hobby

Whatever you love to do, do it often. Indulge your creativity and let it bloom. Mental health can be fostered by strengthening your mind.

7. Be kinder to yourself

Learn to embrace the parts of yourself you do not love and be kinder to yourself.

8. Delete those phone numbers

Delete the numbers of those toxic people. There's no room for your health alongside people who don't want to see you thrive. You're better than this and you deserve more.

9. Teach yourself a new skill

Whether it's learning to cook, file taxes, a new language, or simply hooking up a wifi router, teach yourself something valuable.

10. Give yourself some credit

Learn to revel in your achievements and give yourself some credit when you do the dang thing!