Because You Are The Friend That Never Left

No matter how much of a pain I really am.

12
rishikajain.com

Let's be honest; no one is perfect, but I believe that I am probably the farthest from it. I say mean things when I am angry, I am extremely emotional when I am sad, and I have too much energy when I am happy. No matter the imperfection that I have, however, you have always been there for me.

You have always been someone who told me the truth. There are a lot of choices that I have made that were dumb or not in my best interest and you made sure I knew it too. You told me when the outfit made me look chunky and when the boy wasn’t right for me. I am thankful for all the advice you have given to me even if I didn’t take it and ended up hurt anyways.

You have always been there for me. There were many times I showed up at your door in tears but not really wanting to talk about it. Instead of making me talk you decided that any problem could be fixed with Disney movies and tubs of ice cream. You made me feel better without trying and that’s what really counts.

You took my side, even if I was wrong. Whether it was a boy who was mad that I broke up with him, or a girl who had said some mean things to me, you always took my side and stuck up for me. You validated my choices and told me I was much better off without them. Not only were you right, but also you made me a stronger person.

You built me up and never tore me down. You made me believe that I was beautiful. I know its cheesy, but you did. You showed me that some people just aren’t worth my time and that I could do so much better. You made me confident without feeling the need to ever put me down. You are the reason I have come out of my shell and I am forever thankful for you.

No matter where we are in life or what we come across you are always there for me and you have never left my side. Not a lot of people have friendships like the one I have with you and I believe that because of this I am one lucky girl. So don’t forget I am here when you need me and I know you will be there for me because you are the friend that has never left.