Beauty as Told by a 19 Year Old.

Beauty as Told by a 19 Year Old.

5 Things I’ve Learned About Beauty in my Lifetime.

59
Beauty as Told by a 19 Year Old.

Beauty as Told by a 19 Year Old.

Warning: I’m only 19, but this is what I know.

1.) Physical Beauty is fleeting.

We all age. We’ll all probably end up resembling shriveled up prunes or maybe raisins; whichever you prefer. Remember this when you find yourself valuing someone for solely their outward beauty--as you’ve defined it. Instead, ask yourself who will embrace prunehood with you? In the end, outward beauty is not going to be doing much for any of us.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/328481366547974260/

2.) Beauty is not deserved.

Why do we favor those who are our version of physically attractive if how we look like is really just a twist of genetic luck? Why do we treat a pretty girl and an “ugly” (I don’t believe in ugly) girl differently, even inadvertently? We sometimes praise beautiful people and idolize them, almost like that beautiful person did something to deserve it.

3.) There is no universal standard for beauty.

There is nobody in the world that is beautiful in the eyes of everyone, and nobody that is ugly in the eyes of everyone. Beauty truly is in the eyes of the beholder, and it definitely goes beyond physicalities.

https://www.scoopnest.com/user/Notsalmon/641231026...

4.) Happiness is beautiful.

Everyone looks better with a smile. You don’t need botox, makeup, or liposuction. Just try to find something to smile about every day.

https://twitter.com/lisleong/status/51523109283654...

5.) Doing what you love makes you beautiful and is beautiful

I personally find myself wanting to be around people who are actively pursuing their goals while maintaining their own values. These types of people want everyone around them to also have goals and dreams, they’re the shakers and movers of this world. They’re up for the challenge of life, and they always are moving forward, and that’s attractive and beautiful. Their positivity is super contagious.

https://giphy.com/gifs/just-keep-swimming-1sSWWMNnaZLlm