beach body confidence

A 'Beachy Summer-Bod' Doesn't Have To Be A Skinny One

Whether you're a size 2 or a size 20, everyone should be able to be confident in their own skin whether they on or off the beach.

654
https://unsplash.com/photos/nvRUmQR3DFM
https://unsplash.com/photos/nvRUmQR3DFM

As summer rolls around, you'll hear just about everyone talk about how they need to get "bikini ready" and for some, that means you're dieting and working out in order to look and feel great in your swimsuit but, for others, that means you're throwing on a swimsuit and going to the beach.

But guess what?

That's OK. You don't have to lose weight or start eating salads every single day in order to be confident and rock your swimsuit. But if you feel as if you need to diet and exercise in order to feel "bikini ready", then go for it. The world is yours and you're more than able to make that own decision, but the stigma about having to be skinny to be confident on the beach has got to go.

Being skinny doesn't always equal healthy and vice versa for overweight doesn't always equal unhealthy. A lot of people are under the impression that you can't go to the beach unless you're the perfect size and let me just tell you that the "perfect size" doesn't exist. Every single body on this planet is different in some way, shape, or form. Your version of a "beach bod" is probably completely different than your roommates and that is OK.

It's OK to eat Cheetos instead of a salad before you go on vacation to the beach and it's OK if you want to eat a salad instead of a greasy cheeseburger.

Your body is a beach body whether you're a size 2 or a size 20. Every single person deserves to be confident in their body whether they're on the beach getting a tan or sitting in an 8 A.M lecture.

Know your worth and know that you don't have to diet and exercise to be confident. Rock that bikini or tankini or one piece or shorts and a shirt, whatever YOU feel confident in. Don't let society convince you that your body isn't a "beach bod" because you know what 2 things make a "beach bod"? Having a body and going to the beach.

Who knew it was that simple?