13 Irrefutable Reasons Being Your Own Girl Boss Is Better Than Being Someone's Girlfriend

If you want cheese fries, you go buy them.

110
Personal Photo

According to a 2016 study, "single women are less influenced by society's gender roles and are drawn to the idea of being their own boss."

Let me just be clear and say that being a #GIRLBOSS doesn't mean you have to become an entrepreneur. It just means that you are going after your dreams and not letting anything or anyone stand in your way.

You are a force to be reckoned with. You exude the love you have for yourself out into the world, you aren't begging for attention because you already know how amazing you truly are. You don't need another half because you aren't a half.

Until that moment comes, you're going to keep on being the best version of yourself.

I hope these points help you remember just how great it is to be your own girl boss.

1. You don’t have to wait for someone to buy you things.

2. You can afford to take yourself out on nice dates.

Okay, eating cheese fries in your bed is great and all, but sometimes you deserve a little self-care date. Ain't nothing wrong with that! I mean, think of it this way: you don't even have to share your food.

3. You have learned the most important relationship you’ll ever have is with yourself.

You da shit. Remember that.

4. You have more room in your agenda to make plans that involve going after your dreams.

Now that doesn't mean your agenda isn't going to be jam-packed, but at least it's filled with activities that bring you joy.

5. Your LinkedIn connections will probably always outnumber your future S.O.’s Instagram followers.

It's no big deal, really. I could network and hand out business cards in my sleep.

6. You know when to be professional and when to call someone out on their B.S.

Sorry, Kevin.

SEE ALSO: 11 Best #GIRLBOSS Quotes For Your Instagram Caption

7. You can wear your highest pair of heels and never have to worry about being “taller than him.”

If you like it, wear it.

8. You can travel for as long as you’d like without worrying about being away from a certain someone.

You can "Eat Pray Love" for as long as you'd like.

9. You have more time to spend planning out your dream wedding on Pinterest.

It's got to be just as spectacular as you.

10. You don’t need anyone’s approval.

You can do whatever you want, whenever you want.

11. You value the importance of getting by “with a little help from your friends.”

You've seen people get into relationships and completely neglect their friends so they can spend time with their S.O. There's a good chance that your friends have given you countless motivational pep talks when you've been hit with "imposter syndrome," and you cannot thank them enough for it.

12. You can make as many mistakes as your heart desires without having someone judge you.

Remember: doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. You know it's okay to fail because it always turns out to be a learning experience.

13. If you’re reading this, then chances are you haven’t settled.

This one's really important: keep not settling.