Be The Change

Be The Change

Team Works makes a dream work

3
Be The Change

As we all have seen the election results came in yesterday 11/8/2016 and the results are beyond what anyone has expected. I have seen a wide ray of emotions; disappointment, concern, confusion, fear, anger, and some excited, and thrilled.

Two candidates, two different personalities, two different genders, two different opinions on issues, and two different backgrounds. Obviously one of the candidates is more experienced than the other, however, America felt differently, and voted for Donald Trump.

He's viewed as a racist, extremist, sexist. No one knows where he stands since his opinions and stances on decisions change within a matter of minutes. People are scared, helpless, and are having a hard time visioning the future of their friends, families, colleagues, and just the nation in general.

We all would like to know what went wrong and why the results of this election turned out to be the way it turned out or maybe even go back in time to change a few people's opinions. But the reality is that no amount of dwelling and sulking can change the result or through some miracle it may change the result. The truth is no one really knows??

Right now, at this moment, we as a nation have to come together and stick by each other. In the end, America is a democracy and we have the power as a people, and when people come together great things can happen. As Michelle Obama did state "Don't let anyone ever tell you that this country isn't great. That somehow we need to make it great again. Because this right now is the greatest country on earth."

I wasn't born in the states, so I didn't have the privilege to participate in this election. But I can sure tell you that moving into this country provided my brother and I with a wide variety of opportunities that I wouldn't have had back at home. So shoutout to everyone that came here with nothing, but gave their children everything.

So let's all come together, with an open-mind, and showcase what this country is made of and not just what one man thinks it should be.