10 Reasons To Be Single When You Graduate College

Post-grad life is finding yourself and who you are. You don’t need someone else to do that.

677
Clare Concannon

Post-grad life is a weird time in any twenty something's life. It's a period of transition where you are still trying to figure out who you are and where you want to be in your life. You want to figure out your career and next life move. Does this include grad school? Moving out? Or just finding that perfect job?

There are so many aspects of life to worry about that being in a relationship is really at the lower end of the spectrum of priorities. Here are 10 reasons why it's better to be single once you graduate college.

1. You're in transition.

This is such a strange time in your life. Making the transition from college to real life is going be tough, and it might be harder when also trying to deal and keep up with a relationship.

2. You still need to figure out what you want out of life.

This is the pivotal time of realizing what you want to do now that you are at the next stage of your life. It's important not to let your judgment be clouded by anyone.

3. Dating is way more serious now.

Relationships now are the real deal. This isn’t high school or college when you're just dating someone for fun. The people you are with after graduation are much more serious with their relationships. There's really no point of being with someone if it's not going anywhere with no endgame in mind.

4. You need someone more mature.

This goes along with how dating now is a lot more serious. If someone isn’t on your maturity level, or wanting the same things as you, are they really worth your time?

5. Embrace your new freedom.

While we have freedom in college, we are even more free leaving school because we are done with all the deadlines, all the responsibility of maintaining our grades and making sure we were on the right track to graduate. While obviously we will have new responsibilities, they will be different, and we will be way better at handling them now that we’ve had experience.

6. You should be worrying about yourself and nobody one else.

Right now at this point in your life, YOU are the most important person that you need to worry about. You’re setting yourself up for the rest of your life, and this is pivotal that you are focusing on yourself without distraction.

7. Focus on your career.

Finding a job after college is a difficult process, and it's ongoing. If you were lucky enough to land a job straight out of college, that's pretty impressive, and maybe it should be your main focus.

8. They can be holding you back.

Maybe whoever you're with now is still in college or doesn’t have high aspirations like you do. Their lack of ambition can be holding you back from living your best life.

9. Now is your time to be selfish.

Now is when you are your first priority, setting yourself up for the rest of your life. It's okay to be a little selfish. Just focus on what's important to you and what is going to help you grow as a person.

10. You need to find yourself first.

This is one of the craziest times of your life. You have so much going on that it can be overwhelming. Post-grad life is finding yourself and who you are. You don’t need someone else to do that.