Why I Will Never Be Politically Correct
Politics

Why I Will Never Be Politically Correct

I have an opinion and a brain, and both of them tell me that I shouldn't be politically correct.

396
Why I Will Never Be Politically Correct
pixabay.com

We live in a world where we can't offend anyone. Constantly, everything has to be PC, also known as "politically correct." I am so tired of having to "think before I speak" on something I really shouldn't have to "think" about. I have an opinion and a brain, and I plan on keeping it that way.

There's a difference between having/expressing an opinion and just being a jerk.

Admittedly, yes, there are times when we all cross the line of having an opinion vs. being a jerk, but personally, I think doing that on occasion is better than never expressing a thought at all. Just remember, it's never a bad thing to let people know what you think. Sometimes things may go awry from that, but it's okay; things will simmer down.

You are a person. You have an opinion. You are allowed to speak that.

Political correctness doesn't address the underlying issue.

Taboo topics, like racism, sexism, abortion, terrorism, political beliefs, etc. are seen as topics that need politically correctness to be maintained. That's wrong. Trying to stay PC about these topics is like squirting a raging fire with a small squirt gun. You tried, but the problem is still rising, and nothing beneficial is happening.

If you're offended by someone's opinion, you need thicker skin.

I apologize if that offends you, but until people attack you for your opinion, then there's no reason to get up and arms. You both have differing opinions, and that's nothing to get offended about. In reality, that's what makes the world function and grow. Learn to agree to disagree, and your life will improve immensely.

It's really difficult to convey a point while being politically correct.

Whenever I'm trying not to offend someone, yet I'm trying to get my point across, a point that could definitely be seen as offensive, I find that I inevitably offend someone, or my point wasn't conveyed properly. Being PC forces to suppress our mental capacity, trying to find the things we should say, not what we want to say.

Safe spaces are a joke.

I don't know about you, but I would rather be offended by someone and move on with my life than not be offended while residing in a safe space. I miss being able to freely offend people. Enough said.

Political correctness never solved a problem.

What progress was ever made by people tiptoeing around others, trying not to offend them? Oh, wait... None. Last time I checked, companies love it when customers provide feedback, positive or negative. Negative feedback isn't PC, but it's still helpful material to make an overall change for the better.

By trying to be politically correct, you're just censoring yourself.

It's "Merry Christmas," "Happy Hanukkah," or whatever holiday you choose to celebrate; it was never intended to be "Happy holidays." By claiming "Happy holidays," you just compromised your religion in order to not offend those around you. You just forked over your right to the first amendment.

I have an opinion and a brain, and I'm forever proud of that. I am politically incorrect, and that's okay.