7 Things We Should be Talking About Instead Of James Charles

7 Things We Should be Talking About Instead of James Charles

Not to sound like Shane Dawson, but did the government put them up to this publicity stunt?

288

If you're an avid YouTube watcher such as myself, I'm sure you're fully aware of the drama between James Charles and Tati. If you're not, it's really okay, and I'm super impressed with your ability to NOT become wrapped up in trending drama and gossip. Unfortunately, this argument that is BLOWING UP social media could not have come at a more inconvenient time. Young people are so distracted by this sugar fluff honey bear scandal that they aren't talking about real news that actually matters. I mean think about it, what other trending topic surfaced at the same time as this one? That's right-ABORTION! Our nation's most controversial topic that literally has to do with life and death is being overpowered by a conversation about sponsorships and apology videos. I may have been watching too many of Shane Dawson's conspiracy theories lately, but doesn't it seem like the populace should be talking about more pressing topics? Is this all a publicity stunt to divert our attention away from subjects that matter-such as the laws that literally weave the fabric of our nation? Not to be dramatic or anything, but I can think of 7 things off the top of my head that I'd rather hear people talk about than James Charles.

1. The abortion bills

I'm not one to encourage political arguments, but I'd much rather consider a well-thought out conversation about things that are changing our nation's history and possibly reversing Supreme Court decisions than millionaires with makeup. Women are being robbed of a life-altering choice and the nation is more worried about the "tea" about James and Tati? I don't think so.

2. India's water crisis

Because of drought and serious climate change, villages in Delhi, India don't see water for 10 days at a time. They need it for drinking, bathing, cooking, cleaning, and washing, so the few jugs they can fill up when a water truck comes has to be rationed over more than a week. Can you imagine using only one jug of water for 10 days? James Charles can save his ass and use his fortune to donate some water to India.

3. Climate change, and people not believing in it

More than one-eighth of ALL of Earth's species are at risk of extinction. Over a million animals, plants, corals, and insects are on that list. President Trump and his administration are not prioritzing the environment or the obvious effects of climate change-such as the California wildfires which he claimed started because the mountains "just need more raking and cleaning". Let's talk about ways we can be more sustainable in our everyday energy use instead of using technology and our own energy to talk shit online!

4. Bill Nye's inspiring comeback

If Bill Nye has to come so far out of retirement from the point we thought he was dead just to tell us we're f*cking up our planet, we must really be f*cking up our planet.

5. An extinct species of bird came back from the dead

Okay so we're talking about makeup moguls more than a literal LIVING ZOMBIE? The white-throated rail quite literally evolved and re-populated the island it once left behind. Science is crazy.

6. Taiwan was the first country in Asia to legalize same-sex marriage

We love a good leader. Especially a ballsy one who gives people the rights they deserve despite an entire, large continent around them disagreeing.

7. Anything else...at all

Talk to me about how paper is made or how our bodies break down enzymes or some shit. Let's watch paint dry and listen to classical music. All of these options bode a better result for our mental health as well as our society.

It infuriated me that shootings in schools close to home and terrorist attacks all across the world are more expected to pop up in the news than a teenage millionaire losing fans due to inappropriate behavior. What we expect from our media is incredibly reflective of our society, and I'm sad to say it's pretty embarrassing that the masses, including myself, know more about James Charles's career than the 2020 election or the explosions that injured tourists in Egypt.