20 Basic Instagram Lies That We're All Guilty Of

#DoItForTheGram
200

I sometimes post on Instagram to impress and not to express. There, I said it. We're all guilty of it. We go to great lengths just to get the most perfect, basic, and artsy picture. We edit for hours, just for a simple post. Sure, it might be a little pathetic, but we can't stop. We're addicted to these little lies we tell on social media platforms. The truth behind all of these Instagram lies shows that these posts only seem effortless. We all know about all of these unspoken posts. But you know what they say, if you can't beat 'em, then you might as well join 'em.

1. The Polaroid.

I'm not super creative and my feed consists only of me smiling with friends. You can't really see my face in this, but it helps give me some artsy vibes.

2. The ocean or another scenic view with the VSCO C1 filter.

I was at the beach with my mom and she couldn't take a good picture of me, so this was as good as I could do.

3. The gourmet food shot.

I walked two miles in the heat just to spend $11 on a rainbow bagel that I didn't even want. I got a lot of likes though.

4. The birthday post.

I'm giving you a birthday shout-out because we took more than one good picture this day and I needed an excuse to post this.

5. The journal and notes.

I rearranged all of my stuff for about fifteen minutes just to take this picture, and then didn't actually journal or take notes.

6. The one where you seem to be the only person who's traveling.

This is the real "do it for the gram" shot. There were five million other tourists around me, but through dedication and perseverance, this picture was possible. Notice how no one else was in my shot.

7. The neon sign.

I found this restaurant that had this cool sign when I was googling artistic places in the city I was traveling to.

8. The "getting sh*t done" picture.

Before taking, I minimized my Netflix that I was watching instead of studying. I closed out of my B- essay I was writing and there's a really good chance I pulled up notes that made it seem like I was in some really hard classes.

9. The "wishing I was at the beach and not studying."

It's finals week and I've been eating nothing but pizza rolls and drinking Dunkin' Donuts coffee to cope with the stress. I've probably gained ten pounds, but please like this picture of me half naked at the beach so I can feel better about myself.

10. The succulents or some other kind of plant shot.

Buying this plant just for it to die after I got a picture of it was so worth it.

11. The day at the beach picture.

This is a time sensitive picture. If I waited just one hour, my hair would be in a messy bun, I would have a sweat mustache, and I would have already been eating that Publix sub.

12. The overpriced coffee.

I still don't know how they make the top look like a leaf, but it's the coolest thing ever. I just wish my drink wasn't cold by the time I finished snapping pictures.

13. The "Milk and Honey" quote or some other quote you found.

Not going to lie, i didn't even read the book of poems. I found this picture on Twitter and I thought it was deep and aesthetically pleasing.

14. The grain edit.

Honestly, I just didn't want to look boring by posting a slightly above average picture of my friend and I. I added some grainy vintage effects so you couldn't see my face.

15. The #TBT.

There's nothing better than having an excuse to post a picture that I've been saving.

16. The proof of athletic activity.

Look, I went on a hike. Here's proof.

17. The one where everyone is perfectly candid.

After fifty tries and editing for thirty minutes, I think I'll post it.

18. The passport traveling picture.

I'm about to go spend my parents money and I can't wait.

19. The Father's/Mother's Day throwbacks.

Everyone needs to see how cute I was as a baby. JUST LOOK!

20. The #RelationshipGoals.

There is a 100% chance that he did not want to take this picture, but I need everyone to know how cute we are.