Band Guys Have Made My Dating Standards Too Damn High

At what point does this become a problem?

734

Okay. I may be a little in too deep with my band obsession. I prefer the term "infatuation," but if you want to call it an obsession, go for it.

Let me begin by saying there are SO many attractive band guys out there.

You've got Jack Barakat and Rian Dawson from All Time Low, Patty Walters from AS IT IS, Geoff Wigington from Waterparks, Derek DiScanio from State Champs...I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

When you've got a band guy, you've got many different things to love about them, such as their smile, their hair, their eyes, their stage energy, their hugs (if you're lucky enough to have met them), their laugh...and again, I have to stop myself before this takes a turn for the worst.

I'm going to be honest here, I'm single right now and that's totally okay with me. I have no interest in dating at the moment mostly because I'm way too busy, and that's probably why I find so many band guys attractive, but the problem is that they've made my standards way too high.

A few of my friends who are in relationships find one or two band guys attractive, but they still think their partner is the most attractive person in the world. That's totally fine and I can respect that, but I think my problem is that I haven't dated someone for so long and I have turned to find band guys attractive.

I mostly think my problem here is that they are involved with music. It's no secret that I LOVE live music. I love attending concerts whether I know the band or not - what's not to love about a concert?

It's really hard and complicated to explain, but every boy that I've been somewhat attracted to or have talked to has some connection to music whether they are in a band or we like the same ones.

This is why my standards are ruined. Boy bands really do ruin lives, guys. I didn't want to believe it, but now I'm too far down the hole to dig myself back up.

When the day comes that I'm finally ready to start dating again, I'm sure I'll fall in love or have a strong connection with the man that I'm with, regardless of if he has any connection to music whatsoever. It would be nice to have someone who loves bands and music as much as I do, but hey, a girl can dream, right?

To be fair, my standards are not so high that it basically crosses every guy off the list. Trust me, I'm not that difficult.

I just prefer guys who have a connection to music. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Know why? Because everyone has their type that they are attracted to, and this is my type.