4 Reasons Baltimore's 4th Annual Pawject Runway Was Awesome

It was the hippest fashion show on four paws.
0

There's something particularly awesome about seeing your Governor walk down a runway holding an adorable puppy pit bull. Pit bulls in skirts, cats in mermaid outfits and celebrity kids doing the nay nay is not an everyday occurrence. Well, maybe kids doing the nay nay is. But you want to see pets with character hit the runway for a cause. On May 13th, the fourth annual Pawject Runway took place in Baltimore at the Royal Farms Arena.

What's Awesome About Pawject Runway:

1. You Get To Pet The Animals.

The doors to the event opened two hours prior to show time. This is when you can browse the area, grab some light refreshments and say hello to the four-legged stars. Owners and caretakers have dogs on leashes and carry the cats, so safety is not an issue. I almost forgot, the kissing booth! Plant your lips on a furry friend and snap a pic for a small donation. You’ll love it.

2. You Can Adopt A Pet.

Not because they’re cute, but because they need great homes. The mission of Pawject Runway is to raise money to help fund animal shelters and hospitals who work tirelessly to save animals’ lives. Volunteers and veterinarians would be over the moon if you apply to be a parent to a furry, four-legged kid. There are so many animals that would make great pets.

3. You Get To Meet Celebrities And Public Figures.

You won’t only enjoy star-studded cats and pups at the event, but you’ll see professional athletes and successful business owners grace the stage with the furry models. Former Baltimore Raven, Torrey Smith, walked the runway with his adorable son and puppy pit bull wearing a pink tutu. Also, Governor Larry Hogan showed his support for the event with a strut down the runway holding a little white pit bull. Prior to the show, you can grab a selfie or autograph of an admired public figure. If you purchase VIP tickets, you will have access to a reserved area where you can bump shoulders with fame heads.

4. There Are Prizes And Select Auctions.

BARCS sponsors a 50/50 raffle to help raise money for the shelters. Plus, there are over 25 businesses that run silent auctions for various prizes like concert tickets, gift baskets, jewelry and much more. To name a few, this year features a pair of Beyonce concert tickets up for grabs, as well as Raven's game tickets, a date night for two in Baltimore, and gift baskets with goodies for the pets.

This event will get bigger and better each year, and it's an amazing benefit for BARCS. Be on the lookout for future events the organization hosts. If you missed the event, but would like to give back, visit the website for donation information. You can also get details on the pet adoption process.