How to balance faith and school.

5 Ways to Balance Faith During the School Year

It is possible and should be done

362
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxfEAI__QOQ

Building a strong foundation one step at a time. It is important to have a clear game plan of how you are going to balance your faith for each school year. There are 5 simple steps that could be done to enhance your spiritual journey. Each step will not only help you build your relationship with God but the people that are closest to you. All 5 steps will provide a strong foundation that will help you to increase your spiritual growth in your daily life.

1. Join a church community.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6wrzsuFjimhH0TNS/giphy.gif

Hebrews 10:24-25 ~ And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

It is so important to join a Church Community. Throughout your busy schedule, it is always important to schedule an hour to an hour and a half on Saturday or Sundays for church service. It is equally as important to find a church where you feel at home, especially for those who are from out of state. Finding a solid Church Community will allow you to start new friendships that are built on a solid foundation. Most every church will have a college group, which will allow you to connect with people your age that will not only become your support team but your family as well.

2. Start a small group with your friends.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xrnAqjFTvhXH7a/giphy.gif

Matthew 18:20 ~ For where two or three gather in my name, there am I am with them.

It can be very difficult to jump into small groups, especially with everyone's busy schedule. The time that your church has small group may be when your club meets, or your job interferes. Don't let these small conflictions prevent you from having what can have an enormous influence come into your life. Bring your closest friends together and schedule a time for fellowship, whether that is going out to dinner, or bowling on campus. Do something fun before or after. In between would be a perfect time to discuss what is going on in life and how they can help you grow in your faith. It is important that you have the same level of vulnerability, security, trust, and love in your group, so you can be poured into as well as pour into others.

3. Have an accountability partner.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6gEdtXJp2BwTFdi8/giphy.gif

Proverbs 27:17 ~ As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.

Whether it'd be a family member or your best friend, have an accountability partner. This accountability partner should know you like the back of their hand. They know every good and bad thing about you and still love you and want to see you grow.

This is important because a huge part of growing is being vulnerable and a getting a little bit of push. The purpose of having an accountability partner to help you and your partner grow in ways you didn't think was possible. They may see things in a different light and bring a new perspective to the table.

4. Have alone time.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT1R9MyOQLEB2WY6Oc/giphy.gif

Matthew 6:6 ~ But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Alone time is so important for the soul! This is your time with God and your opportunity to have that personal conversation with Him. It can be 15 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour or longer! As much time as you need to spend time with God, you do it!

This alone time will help you hear what God has to tell you and how much He loves you. During this time, you will learn so much and feel God's love pouring into you. In the midst of a busy schedule and busy life, this is what you deserve. A time away from the busy world. A time to soak in all of God's wisdom. Most importantly, a time to feel loved.

5. Pray.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKUURaNNPQVBnag/giphy.gif

Colossians 4:2 ~ Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

Prayer is so powerful! God loves when you pray to Him. Think of it as a conversation with God. Even though He already knows about your day or what you are going through, it means the world to Him that you are taking time out of your busy schedule to have that intimate conversation with Him.

He is your Father and wants to hear about His child's life. Pray to Him about any concerns, praises or news in your life. In that, He is working in mysterious ways to help you grow with Him and bless you along to way.

Building a strong foundation one step at a time. It is important to have a clear game plan of how you are going to balance your faith for each school year. There are 5 simple steps that could be done to enhance your spiritual journey. Each step will not only help you build your relationship with God, but the people that are closest to you. All 5 steps will provide a strong foundation that will help you to increase your spiritual growth in your daily life.