I'm Sick And Tired Of Hearing You Say These 7 Things

I'm Sick And Tired Of Hearing You Say These 7 Things In My Dressing Room

"But my husband won't look at me or love me if I wear a floral pattern!" Ummm...Excuse me?

34
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjm-4_V4b3iAhXLm-AKHSVBC-0Qjhx6BAgBEAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.istockphoto.com%2Fphotos%2Fzip-up-dress&psig=AOvVaw2n5ak6H0s69bVAF9UGcI7n&ust=1559117017497466

I work in a plus size clothing store. I love my job, I love what I do, and I love the people I meet.

I've helped transwomen buy their first bra, I've seen women overcome insecurities they've carried their whole lives, and I've even helped a woman get dressed for divorce court where she was going to see her ex-husband for the first time since she had lost 100 pounds.

She cried on my shoulder and told me how she found the strength to keep living after he called her fat and left for good. I've wiped tears and heard more life stories than one single therapist ever could... and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I've learned so much from these brave women. But there is one particular part of all of this that just gets under my skin, and it's the things I hear in the fitting room.

These are 7 real things I've heard multiple women say when they go into the dressing room...

1. "I look fat in this."

First off, you look gorgeous. Who cares what you look like if you feel good? You can be thick and beautiful. And honestly you're just beautiful.

2. "I'm too old for this outfit."

I say this so many times a day, I should tattoo it across my forehead. YOU ARE ONLY AS OLD AS YOU DRESS!

3. "My arms are too fat for a tank top."

Girl, number one, if it's hot outside, wear the tank top. I'd rather be comfortable and shy but adorable in that tank than uncomfortable and hot. Also... everyone has arms. I promise no one is looking at yours thinking "wow her arms are huge!" They're just looking at how good you look in that top, girl!

4. "My husband doesn't like floral patterns." (Even though she loves floral.)

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. If you like it then WEAR IT! It is not his shirt. It is YOURS. You do not need his permission!!! You are your own woman!!!

5. "My boyfriend wouldn't let me wear this."

Congrats on your third parent I guess??

I've said it once and I'll say it again, YOU DON'T NEED HIS PERMISSION!!! He does NOT own you. You are beautiful. You are your own person. He compliments you as a person, he does not own you as a person. And if you're S.O. tells you what to wear then DUMP HIM. #girlpower

6. "People will think I'm a slut if I wear this."

I understand being worried about what people will think. I really do. But you cannot let it control you. People are going to say whatever they want, so you should just wear whatever you want. And they're probably jealous anyways because you look amaaaazing!

7. "I just hate my body."

I feel you, boo. But when you wear clothes you feel good in, your confidence shines through. And your confidence is the most beautiful thing that you can wear. Baby steps, babe.

.I'm a firm believer in the saying, "When you look good you feel good." It can be a hard knock world out there, so wear what you want and wear it with pride. You're beautiful girl, and even when you don't feel like it, just know I'm outside of your dressing room cheering you own.