The Bad Side of Having a Christmas Birthday

8 Downsides Of Having A Birthday The Same Month As Jesus

It's not all it's cracked up to be.

249
https://unsplash.com/photos/cK6ixOQx1fI

Every year when Christmas time rolls around, its also time for my birthday as well. Additionally, every year, my friends are jealous of how many gifts I receive. While I'm grateful for everything that I get for my birthday and Christmas, there are some downsides to have a birthday within the same week as one of the biggest holidays of the year.

1. People can forget about your birthday. 

media.giphy.com

With everyone's minds being on Christmas plans and getting everything done in time for the holiday, your birthday can sometimes be overlooked as just another day in the countdown to Christmas.

2. Your friends aren't always in town to celebrate.

media.giphy.com

Most families travel for the holidays, and many will leave days before, so with having a birthday three days before Christmas, some of your friends might not be there to celebrate with you.

3. Around May, you'll be broke. 

media.giphy.com

Although you get a massive amount of money and gifts in December, we all know we aren't good at saving that money, so by May or June, when other people have had or have birthdays coming up to receive more cash and gift cards, you're counting your quarters or counting down the days 'till that next paycheck.

4. You're never in school. 

media.giphy.com

I know what you're thinking. How is this a downside? But when you're in college, this means that you've already gone home, so you're not with your new college friends to celebrate.

5. Those combined gifts. 

media.giphy.com

Look, I barely know what I want for Christmas, so please don't ask what I want. We both know I'm getting one combined gift, I'm used to it by now.

6. People are Christmas-time broke. 

media.giphy.com

Sometimes I almost feel bad for wanting a gift for my birthday because my friends and family have all spent so much money on Christmas. Just give me a present in June, I'm fine with that.

7. People always say "Oh, it must suck to have a December birthday"

media.giphy.com

Have you ever heard anyone say "It must suck to have a March birthday," or "an August birthday?" No. Just us. Just us December kids.

8. You now have 11 more months to sit around and wait for another occasion. 

media.giphy.com

After the birthday and Christmas bonanza, you now have nothing to do, and nothing to look forward to....for 11 months. Have fun!

So while having a birthday in the same week as Christmas can have its downsides, it can also be a great thing. Personally, I love the month of December and Christmas time, so it's just as great to celebrate my birthday along with it. Having a Christmas birthday means that there's no lull in the celebration, it just keeps on going. So if you have a Christmas birthday like me, or know someone who does, make sure to celebrate them on your countdown to celebrating Santa and Jesus.