Why The Bad Days Don't Really Matter

Why The Bad Days Don't Really Matter

Turn your storms into rainbows.

16
Why The Bad Days Don't Really Matter
Ashley O'Donnell

I'm sure we have all heard the saying, "Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." Notice the word often. These roads can teach you anything you want them to. We all have those difficult times, and maybe some of us just haven't reached them yet. There's also the chance that we haven't even experienced the worst day of our lives yet.

The worst day(s) of my life were the moments I found out that my family members went to heaven. The first was my dad. At nine years old, he was the first person close to me that I lost; the closest person to me. I couldn't make sense of the fact that I would have to live a life without my father in it. The next loss was my uncle, just shortly after making plans for a visit, and three short years after losing my father. The third, Grandma Soup (Sue). This woman was my rock and often kept me level-headed in a life full of craziness.

Other days were immeasurable to that pain, but still miserable. As I have mentioned before, stability at home was absent, and so were love, support, and affection. These rocky roads at home were certainly unhealthy, just like my relationship with my mother. School was where I went to escape, and work toward a different lifestyle.

All my life (thus far) I have been asked: "How?" I've been questioned about how I stay so positive and focused on the next thing in front of me, how I always have a smile on my face, and how I can always try to cheer up others. I never really knew. All I knew was that I needed to stay positive because it was the only thing that kept me going.

There is power in positivity. Some people hate the saying, "Everything happens for a reason." I believe that as long as you keep trudging and keep faith, you will go exactly where you are supposed to go and be who you were destined to be.

Everything that you have experienced and gone through has brought you to this point in life. Every hardship has strengthened you and prepared you to be resilient. We will break, oh some days we will just break down, and you're allowed to have those days; but it is how you get up and conquer the next day after that. It isn't admitted weakness, it is vulnerability.

It has been easy for me to wish that I still had all my loved ones, my dad, and friends with me. It is easy to wish I had never gone through any of it. However, this is His plan, and I am in it for the ride. I know that if I had never faced these difficult roads, I would not have reached these beautiful destinations I am at today. I am blessed with amazing people, love, and great plans for the future.

At the end of the day you have two choices, you can focus on everything that's ripping you apart, or you can focus on what is going right; positivity will prevail.