Back to College Reminders

Back to College Reminders

Fundamentals for Returning Ephs

48
Back to College Reminders

Is it time already?

We all look forward to summer arrival so we can finally hang out with friends, travel out-of-state, engage in those desperately, desired hobbies, and recover from homesickness. But we become dreadful, at least for some of us, when we must depart from those days of happiness. While we are all occupied by our summer plans, fall semester is soon to hit us before we even say "goodbye" to the summer days. That isn't to say things will go wrong, or that one will fail that notorious organic chemistry class. In fact, we should think optimistically; we will reunite with long gone friends, meet new people, take classes that may potentially change one's career, try different extracurriculars, join a varsity team, etc. The specific details can be figured out as you enter the semester. But here are a few general reminders and tips to keep in mind as you plan your move-in back to Williams.

1. Career Planning

The Career Center is located in Mears House, where you’ll have access to services such as interview prep, resume building, one-on-one confidential advising, and discovering your professional interests. There are multiple advisors, who are in charge of their respective fields.

2. Campus Safety and Security (CSS)

Williams College CSS department, located in the basement of Hopkins Hall, is available 24/7 to assist you in any accidents, breaches, injuries, etc. Some staff members include David Boyer (Director), Richard L. Blanchard (CSS officer), and Gary Scarfone (Dispatcher). The role of CSS is to protect you. Do not be afraid to explain the truth; by doing so, you can be saving someone indirectly. Emergency contact numbers are: 413-597-4444 (from cellphones) and x4444 (from campus phones).

3. Financial Aid

The Financial Aid Office is located in Weston Hall, left of Bronfman along Route 2. You can ask for one-on-one advising with staff members to discuss about financial aid issues. MOOLA, an on-campus organization, is about helping every student improve their personal money management skills and overall financial well-being at Williams and beyond. "MOOLA is a collaborative effort of staff, faculty, students, and administrators from the offices of Student Life, First Gen Initiatives, Financial Aid, the Bursar, Human Resources, The Davis Center, the Department of Economics, the Health Center, and Dining Services"

4. Health Services

Williams College Health Center provides a full range of medical services, counseling services, and health and wellness promotion and outreach. You can call 413-597-2206 to schedule an appointment for health services OR you can call 413-597-2353 to schedule directly with counseling services. The Health Center operates a medical clinic Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. Services are provided by Nurse Practitioners and Physician’s Assistant by appointment. Same day appointments are generally available for acute issues. The Health Center is open on Saturday and Sunday from 1pm to 7pm and is staffed by Registered Nurses (RN).

5. Academics (Peoplesoft Self-Service)

Log in to Peoplesoft to update course registrations, add/drop classes, check grades, time reporting for working hours, etc.

Course Catalog 2017-18: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7zOPpL1P8tzU0J4T...

6. Campus Map

Use link below:

http://map.williams.edu/map/?id=640#!ct/21706,8158

7. Dining Halls

Dining locations on campus include: '82 Grill, Driscoll Dining Hall, Eco Cafe, Goodrich Hall, Grab 'n Go, Lee Snack Bar, Mission Park Dining Hall, Whitman's Paresky.

Breakfast: 7AM - 9AM

Lunch: 11:30AM - 2PM

Dinner: 5PM - 7PM

Sunday Brunch: 11AM - 1PM

8. Important Dates to keep in mind

Use link below for 2017-18:

https://registrar.williams.edu/academic-informatio...