5 Power Moves To Get Back Into 'School Mode' After Break

Usually, after a long break, it's hard to get used do certain things like getting up early, paying attention in class, etc.

47

We all have had the feeling after a long well-deserved break that we don't want to do anything school-related. However, life has to keep moving. Now I've had that feeling multiple times and came up with 10 tips to get back into "school mode" and to get right back into the action.

1. Going to bed/waking up early

Usually, during a break, I'm sure you like to sleep in a lot more than you did in school. You have no responsibilities and no reason to get up early at all. Well, I know firsthand that it can be hard to get back into the routine. Of course, for some people it's not that hard, but here's what I do to avoid hitting the snooze button and oversleeping. The night before you have your first class, it's very important that you at least get eight hours of sleep and set up a sleep schedule for yourself. You have to train your body to get back into a system so that it doesn't feel like you're still on break.

Now for the waking up part, make sure you set your alarm on your phone before you go to bed. I know that in my case I forget to set my alarm when coming back because I'm not used to setting it over the break. Now not all phones have this, but if you're given the option to disable the snooze button, do it. It'll save you in the long run. That way once your alarm goes off you have to force yourself to get up and be successful for the day.

2. Eating breakfast

This tip is kind of common sense, but the reason why it's here is that sometimes over the break people skip breakfast. I've known I've done it a couple of times. Before you go to any class, it's important to fill your stomach up with anything that could give you energy or brain food throughout the day. If you don't, you could risk not only falling asleep during class but also losing focus on a lecture or an assignment, and we all know that's a big no-no.

3. Being sociable

Now this one isn't as important as the last two, but it deserves to be on this list. If you're like me and spent your time over break mostly with your family, then you haven't been socially active lately. It's important that when you come back to talk it up with your friends or some of your classmates and simply talk to them. Ask how their break was, what they did, anything. One of the important things about college is being sociable to make sure you have a good experience. Trust me, a long break without talking to anybody but your family does a number on you. I know firsthand.

4. Creating a schedule

Creating a schedule for yourself after a break is a good way to make sure that you achieve and accomplish everything you have to do. Planning out your day is very important. Over break, you had no responsibilities and could've been like me and mainly played Xbox all day (not that there's anything wrong with that). Sit down when you get back and plan out your week. Trust me, it doesn't seem like much, but I promise you it will. Shoot, I'll even bet money on it.

5. Doing homework

OK, OK, Here's the big one. Doing homework. Nobody — and I mean nobody — wants to do homework, break or no break. Here's what I personally do to get it done. Now I'm gonna go deep on this one Think about your parents, family and everything you have accomplished to get to this point in your life. Don't throw all that away just because you don't feel like doing homework. Fight through the feeling of exhaustion and do what you gotta do to make not only your family proud but yourself.

There you have it. Five tips for getting you back into school mode after a break. Of course, you'll probably have your own methods of doing things, and that's OK. If not, I hope these tips help you be successful and help you be the best student you can be.