The Bachelorette Week 3 Recap

"The Bachelorette" Week 3 Recap

Wow, so much testosterone in one episode.

119
"The Bachelorette" Week 3 Recap
YouTube

After watching the previews for this episode last week, I was hype. We finally get to see Tia and Colton face off! It also looks like we'll see a bit of fighting, drama, and hospitalization this week. It looks to me like Becca has one stressful week ahead of her.

The episode opens with lots and lots of rain. And eggs. David, who ironically wore the chicken suit on the first night, is cooking scrambled eggs for the entire house while Jordan broods in a corner. Most of the guys are anxiously awaiting one-on-one dates. Colton, in particular, needs a one-on-one so he and Becca can continue to discuss his relationship with Tia. The first date of the week is a group date and guess who's on it? You guessed it! Colton. HA. Colton, along with Wills, Jean Blanc, Jason (who Becca briefly forgets the name of because she's "nervous"), Jordan, and David meet Becca at a spa, where they learn THEY will be doing the pampering. And you thought that was the biggest twist? Think again because the women they're going to be pampering are none other than Bekah, Seinne, Caroline, Kendall, and Tia from Arie's season of The Bachelor. Tia's obviously nervous but she swears it won't be awkward. When the guys walk in she and Colton share an awkward hug and an even more awkward "Nice to see you!"

The guys and girls start painting each other's nails and it seems like everyone is having a great time. Becca, especially, seems to be really enjoying herself while getting her head massaged. However, she can't stop thinking about Tia and Colton so she pulls Tia away for a private conversation. Tia is noticeably uncomfortable but I think all Becca wants to hear is that it's okay for her to keep Colton. At the cocktail party, Jean Blanc makes some weirdly dramatic speech to Becca and Becca tells Colton she's ready to take the next step with him. Then, they make out a lot. It's also revealed at the cocktail party that Jordan had 4,000 Tinder matches in 2017 and David makes it a point to disclose this information to Becca. In true Becca fashion, she high-fives Jordan and he looks like he wants to crawl under a rock. Also, apparently he's a golden retriever. Surprisingly yet entirely unsurprisingly, Colton gets the group date rose and they live happily ever after.

Yet another date card is delivered and this time its a one-on-one! It goes to Chris R. (or just Chris?). He and Becca take a limo to Capitol Records where they have the cheesiest date of all time. Richard Marx appears to sing and help Chris and Becca write songs about each other. Chris has a really difficult time opening up to Becca, which is confusing for her. He eventually manages to pull himself together and write a few lyrics about how he feels about Becca. They then have dinner, Richard Marx serenades them, and Chris gets the date rose.

Back at the mansion, someone is carried out on a stretcher. Apparently, there's blood everywhere and all the guys are freaking out. David's face is severely beaten up because he fell. out. of. his. bed. Becca calls him to make sure he's okay and he sounds like such a trooper. He's not used to sleeping on such minuscule beds, apparently. Meanwhile, Jordan "David-proofs" the bunk beds and I'm actually starting to like this guy.

The final date of the week is yet another group date with Clay, Lincoln, Leo, Garrett, Christon, Connor, Blake, Mike, Eric, Ryan, and John. They meet Becca on a football field where two badass female football players make all the men do drills. Most of the men look like they're about to cry but Leo, as always, is just a big ball of hair and testosterone. Clay, a professional football player, is really "in his element," Becca reminds us several times. She finds him sexier than ever. When the game actually begins, Clay plays as the quarterback (against a bunch of non-professional football players, need I remind you) and hurts his wrist somehow. Becca runs over and cradles his arm like a wounded bird and all the guys stand back and watch. He's rushed to the hospital with what seems like a broken wrist but the date continues on.

At the post-date cocktail party, the men are glad to have their time with Becca now that Clay is gone. Not so fast, men. Clay swoops in with his sweet, charming, teddy bear self and gets the group date rose! Brb, crying. However, he's just found out that he has to have surgery on his wrist and must leave immediately, as he needs to play football in order to support his family. Becca sobs, as well as all of America, when Clay's limo pulls away. And with that, the episode ends...

Although Clay left, I'll have to crown him the MVP of this week. He has such a big heart and he seems like such a caring individual. He's the nicest guy to not only Becca, but everyone in the house, and he did not deserve to break his wrist and leave! He had so much potential but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do and I respect him for the difficult decision he had to make. Blake is also a frontrunner in my mind but Colton, although obviously very high on Becca's list, still sketches me out and I'll just have to see if his intentions are pure. Until next time, Bachelor Nation!