bachelor in paradise find love

5 Reasons 'Bachelor In Paradise' Might Be Your Best Chance At Finding Love On Reality TV

Chris Harrison might finally be the matchmaker of your dreams.

316

Oh Paradise. Where you put 35 attractive young people who have already had their first taste of fame on an beach in Mexico with an open bar. WHAT COULD GO WRONG? To make things worse they need to couple up each week in order to stay in paradise AND new PYTs come in every week, as if the pot wasn't already stirred. Although this seems like a Bobby Flay recipe for disaster, this might be your best options. Disagree? Let me explain.

1. The couples are seriously put to the test. 

Although it seems almost cruel at times (making someone watch their recent ex get engaged right in front of them? Yep, season 5), this type of hardship can help strengthen a relationship by allowing couples to work through hard situations. In the Bachelor/Bachelorette, you only have good, fun dates and never really go through the hard stuff till after you are already engaged. Yikes! This ~journey~ allows for bad couples to break apart before things get to serious and helps good couples grow closer. Thanks, Chris!

2. The dating pool isn't one person

Even if that one person is THE BEST, not everyone is going to get along with everyone. When contestants go one the show, they have one option: the bachelor or Bachelorette. Because of the lack of options, you might get the feels for that person because you feel like you should or because that is their literal job for 5 weeks. In Paradise, you have SO MANY OPTIONS. This allows for couples who are better suited for each other to find love. Need examples? I got plenty. Chrystal and Chris. They were nuts on the Bachelor and Bachelorette, but because they had such a big pool of options in paradise, these two self-obsessed love birds found love in Paradise. Carley and Evan. They are weirdos, but on paradise these two nerds found each other and now are married and have a kid. Dang.

3. You can talk to people and get advice! 

THIS IS A BIG ONE! On the Bachelor and Bachelorette, you have no phones and the only people you can talk to are the person you are dating and the other guys that are trying to DATE THE PERSON YOU ARE DATING. Needless to say, this is not a good situation to get some good, loving advice. In paradise, you have friends that have their own thing goin' with someone else and they can speak some good, objective truth into you. My advice to anyone: if your friends don't like the person you are dating, listen to them!! 9/10 they are always right and it is better to listen to them from the start than to go through the whole ordeal of heartbreak. Whose got time for that?!

4. It isn't a competition 

THERE ARE NO WINNERS OR LOSERS IN PARADISE. Seriously. People just hang around and then leave. Yes, you might leave in a limo crying without finding love. Yes, you might embarrass yourself on national telivation with millions of people watching. But hey, you didn't lose! The bachelor is seriously a competion and you shouldn't be with someone to "win" or because you don't want to "lose." In the wise words or Jordan Sparks, "why does love gotta feel like a battle field??" Jordan, you gotta try paradise. People just hang around on a beach all day. No battle fields here.

5. It is a pretty sweet place to fall in love

I mean I wouldn't say no to meeting my future husband on a beach in Mexico?! Love is in the freakin' air on paradise and people do get straight to the point: Are we compatable or not? Meanwhile we have to stay in the real word, where people are vague af and you have to go on a coffeeshop date, not on a yacht in the middle of no where. Ugh life isn't fair.

The biggestest downside is you have to be on the Bachelor/Bachelorette in order to be asked to go on Bachelor in Paradise. Oops. Are YOU here for the right reasons? Guess you better start your ~journey~ at an audition near you.