Funny Babysitting Stories

10 Babysitting Stories That Will Work Better Than Any Condom Out There

The cringe is very real.

1619
Personal Photo

*Responses have been edited for length and clarity.

1. The one with the chicken noodle soup.

"There were two little girls and one of the girls convinced me that they needed help with something while the other one was still eating her dinner of chicken noodle soup. She was in the process of eating it for about two hours. So she led me upstairs and when I later came downstairs, this girl and her chicken noodle soup were in the bathroom and she tried to convince me that the best way for her to eat her chicken noodle soup was to eat on the toilet. She ended up flushing all of it down the toilet." --Jess, 20

2. The one with the bowl of fire.

"My sister, brother, and I were all over at our neighbors house hanging out/"babysitting" our neighbors, a boy and a girl. My brother and the older boy neighbor were doing some type of arts and craft in a plastic bowl, I don't really remember what it was, but my sister, the younger girl neighbor, and I went upstairs to play a board game. Next thing we know the fire alarm began going off, we rush down to the basement where they were, and here the two boys had set the BOWL ON FIRE. We all screamed and my sister grabbed the bowl, ran upstairs, ran right through the screen door and knocked it off the slider, and chucked the bowl into the backyard into the pouring rain."--Isabella, 20

3. The one with the secret cameras.

"I went to babysit 4 boys and when I went inside I found that they had baby monitors in all rooms of the house, which I thought was weird, but hey probably a good way to watch all 4 boys at once. I put the 2-year-old in bed with his blanket and went downstairs. He was quiet so I didn't think anything was wrong. I then got a text from an unsaved number and it said "Child threw his blanket out of the crib, please go pick it up for him." I immediately thought someone was watching me, ran upstairs, and found the text was true. Later found out that the text was from the dad and they can watch the cameras off their phones when they are out of the house. True story why I will never babysit again." --Abby, 20

4. The one with the children who hated clothes.

"I babysat for a family 4 or 5 times. Their 3 kids would run out of the house at random points and take their clothes off and run around the front/back yard and in the road naked. Parents said it was okay and wouldn't back me up when I tried to get the kids to stop" --Lizzy, 21

5. The one with all the accidents.

"So I was babysitting and it was nap time for the baby, so I took her upstairs and went to change her diaper, and there was poop on her from neck to toe (but I need to point out that this baby didn't even smell like poop). So at that point I realize I have no choice but to put her in the bathtub. So I lean over the tub, holding a poop covered baby, turn on the water, and the shower head turned on with it, so now my head is soaking wet. Then, the 2-year-old comes into the bathroom, and she asks if she can get in the bath too, so of course I say yes. She starts to undress herself and takes off her diaper (to give a little background she started the smallest bit of potty training a few days before) and then says she has to poop, and pooped on the bathroom floor. So when the bath is over I couldn't find any diapers, so I put the 2-year-old in her underwear [...] So I asked her over and over again if she had to go potty and she said no with a smile every time. Well about 45 seconds after the last time I asked her she goes behind me to get some toys and I hear what sounds to be be feet splashing in puddles--in the dining room. Yes, she did have an accident and was splashing in her pee puddles. So she starts to take off her pee soaked pants, as I'm sure anyone would want to, she flings them off, smacking my Uggs, and my boots now have pee on them. This all happened in a span of 40 minutes." --Haley, 17

6. The one with the poop smear.

"One time I was babysitting my brothers and one of them smeared their poop on the wall and tried to blame it on the other one." --Lauren, 17

7. The one with the biting children.

"I was working at a day care and the kids were all about two-years-old. We had all gotten a snack, and as I started eating mine, they began to get upset that I wasn't sharing. So they all started to bite me." --Colleen, 20

8. The one with the daredevil children.

"I was babysitting these two crazy girls once and it got kinda quiet. I could not find them. Then I heard "You be the ladder!" I walked in on these two and they were on top of the dining room table, and one of them was hanging from the chandelier! While the one was swinging, the other one was pushing her like they were outside on the swings." --John, 48

9. The one where the kids made the babysitter fall asleep.

"One time I was babysitting my choir teacher's kids on a day that she had an in-service. Well it was a rainy day so we were stuck inside. The kids had a toy where you can build different body parts and they kept having me close my eyes, build an animal, and then open my eyes. Well they kept doing this for a little and I was so tired from the rainy day and closing my eyes so much that I fell asleep for 15 minutes!"--Celine, 21

10. And finally, the one where the child dished out the worst insult.

"A little girl once called me a whale." --Dominic, 17