Azuma Sushi: The Way It Should Taste

Azuma Sushi: The Way It Should Taste

Azuma Sushi is the best sushi restaurant in all of Westchester County New York.

50
Azuma Sushi: The Way It Should Taste
Shutter Stock

From its' miso soup and shrimp tempura to its' sashimi, Azuma is the best restaurant in Westchester County NY. When most people go to Westchester, they don't automatically think about food. It's usually more for the wealthy neighborhoods, big houses, malls, and nightlife. If you go down to the not-so snobby town of Hartsdale, and if you're in the mood for sushi, you have to go check out Azuma Sushi. You must call ahead and make a reservation; on Friday and Saturday nights, it's filled and every table is reserved. The owner Tony, happily greets his regular clientele with a smile and seats them down at their table. If Tony hasn't seen you before, then he's not likely to give you one of the precious few tables (but can sit at the bar). Be prepared to walk up the street and choose one of the other many restaurants on Hartsdale Avenue, although none quite as delicious as Azuma Sushi.

If you're lucky, you can sit at the small open sushi bar and watch three master sushi chefs intricately prepare the sushi. Once you sit down on their soft chairs, you're not going to want to get up. The waiter or waitress first, hands you a hot towel, actual real linen to clean your hands.

When the food arrives at your table, the waiter will explain what each piece is called and where it is on the plate. The waiters are very friendly and knowledgeable. If you have any questions that they don't know the answer to, then Tony will come over and explain in full detail. They take their time so there's no room for error and always deliver the right food to the right people, with no need to rush. They use the freshest fish from Fulton Fish Market in the Bronx, California, and Japan. The ginger is white instead of the pink. All the pieces are perfectly sized, the rice is well seasoned, and the rolls are to die for. For example, the Eel Avocado Roll ($6) is exactly like its name eel and avocado with some seaweed and rice around it. It is the sweetest roll they have on the menu with it's delectable sauce on top, your tastebuds will be in heaven. The sushi chefs paint the sauce on each of the six rolls and when it reaches your mouth it dances on your tongue with every bite. Another one of my favorite rolls is the California Roll composed of crab meat, avocado, and crunchy cucumber with seaweed and rice wrapped around it and costs seven dollars for six delicious rolls. These two rolls are an absolute must when dining at Azuma Sushi; and if you don't like these, then there are around 40 other rolls to choose from, all ranging in price from 3-12 dollars.

At one time, traditional Japanese music was played but now in response to popular culture, and wanting to attract a younger crowd, they play upbeat contemporary popular music. Tony makes your experience at Azuma Sushi feel very relaxed with the chairs, relaxing music in the background, and the delicious food.

If you're coming home from work in New York City, you can swing by Azuma Sushi for some nice take-out. The restaurant is less than a five minute walk from the Hartsdale train station so it would be easy to stop by on your way home. If you're coming from a different part of Westchester, New York City, or Connecticut and are driving, there is a parking lot in back of the restaurant. It could not be any more convenient. If the parking lot in the back is full, there is more parking down the street. The only downside: because the restaurant is small, it is very difficult to see from the street, so it is easy to drive past it. Even though Azuma Sushi is located on Hartsdale Avenue (also known to the locals as "Restaurant Row"), it doesn't have any competition because it's the only sushi restaurant on the street. It has been in business for the past 32 years!

Azuma Sushi is a fairly small restaurant compared to the others on Hartsdale Avenue. The fact that it's small makes it feel like a more relaxed atmosphere and you can enjoy the tasting experience in a more laid back way. But be sure to get there early and call ahead. And tell Tony I say hi!

I would rate Azuma Sushi five stars out of five.

Azuma Sushi

219 E. Hartsdale Ave Hartsdale, NY 10530

Hours: Monday: Closed

Tuesday-Friday: 12:00-2:00. and 5:30-9:30

Saturday: 5:30-10:00

Sunday: 5:30-9:00

(914)-725-0660

Prince range: $3-$44 per piece

Sushi Only Restaurant

www,azumasushihartsdale.com

From Your Site Articles