3 Tips On How To Avoid a Millennial Relationship

How to stay connected, be confident, and manage a great relationship in today's world.

40
thestyleinsider.com

It's hard to watch the way today's relationships work sometimes. For those who grew up with iPads, iPhones, computers and unlimited access to the internet, their relationship views aren't the same as the 25+ age group. Chivalry is slowly dying in the millennial category and it's becoming slightly terrifying. Here are a few tips to help avoid some of these problems 'kids' today have when it comes to relationships.

1.) Avoid texting

This may sound like a rediculous tip but honestly it could save your relationship. Communication is such a big deal when it comes to relationships. If all you and your partner do is text and don't find time to get together and talk face to face, problems will occur. Coming from a girl, we like to have a one on one conversation where we can not only appreciate your presence, but see your emotions and what your words truly mean versus trying to figure out what that one worded response meant that you sent a week ago. It's about time we stop talking in emojis and start talking with our words.

2.) Be confident

Diving into the dating pool requires self esteem and confidence. Most guys today have low self esteem based on the things they see on television or the internet. They think that they're required to have the perfect body in order to get the girl. The best tip to give in this situation would be to work on your body image, if you don't like what you see then change the way you eat or walk for 30 minutes on the days that you can. Not only can this help you boost your self esteem but it also increases your chances of meeting someone who enjoys the same lifestyle.

3.) Bring on the romance

Millennials today think that romance means putting a heart emoji next to their interest's name on their phone or making an Instagram post about how "in love" they are. Although it's great people are showing their appreciation for each other on social media for others to see, it doesn't help the fact that they aren't physically and emotionally showing it. Romance back in the day was calling their partner and asking them on a date or buying flowers and sending cute love notes. Relationships today are scared of acting romantic just because people think that this means they're clingy or are too forward. Don't be afraid to just grab your partners hand and let them know you like being with them.

It's hard to escape today's norms when it comes to communication and what's love versus lust. The relationships that are occurring today need to be reminded of how to stay connected and show a little compassion and chivalry every now and then. Keep it classy and quit making those late night booty calls. FaceTime someone if you can't get together, hold hands, tell each other how much you enjoy their presence, go on dates, and just have fun.