ASMR helping me relax

Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) Helped Me Chill Out​, Here's How

This phenomenon is an experience where one has a tingly like feeling from the top of the head all the way down the spine due to listening to certain soft sounds or experiencing a caring touch.

306
heart

Have you ever wondered why it feels so amazing when someone plays with your hair? How about when you get a back rub? What about the soft sound of computer keys typing? That "tingling" feeling is called Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response or ASMR for short.

This discovery has turned into a happening all over the world. It is one of the most talked about topics. Specific everyday sounds can be used for comfort and relaxation. There are many benefits to these videos especially for people like me who have/do experience insomnia, anxiety and depression. I watch at least one video each night right before bed and it has helped me to not only fall asleep faster but to also calm down. I have noticed how much more tranquil I have become. I used to worry more, be more high maintenance and overthink things. Having an overactive brain can be very difficult to maintain, but could be helped by this community.

The videos can be found all over YouTube and there are so many to choose from. There are many YouTube personalities that solely use their account to make ASMR videos. The accounts that I enjoy the most include: Gracev, itsblitzzz, Karuna Satori ASMR, Chiara ASMR, SophieMichelle ASMR, mads ASMR, and FrivolousFox ASMR. There are videos such as personal attention, whispering videos, tapping, hair brushing, and articulated words to name just a few. In the ASMR world, each of these are called "triggers." Every individual may experience the tingly sensation to different things or not enjoy others.

Now, you may have read this far and are still thinking, "girl, what?" but I want you to just try. It seems odd, but the results I and many others have found are so beneficial. This is as much as I know how to explain it so now it's up to you. You won't fully understand or know what you are missing out on until you try.