10 Reasons To Consider Windshield Replacement

10 Reasons To Consider Windshield Replacement Over Windshield Repair

No action movie seems thrilling enough without earth shattering explosions, deformed metals or wrecked glasses, and car crashes; they seem to be thestaple in Hollywood these days.

15

"The Terminator", "The Matrix reloaded"," Final Destination" or "Armed and Dangerous" with famous soundtrack "Born to be wild"; all seem entertaining but, only on the screen. In real life we all wish to have a vehicle that may not be a vintage gem but definitely impervious to any harm, just like in the movie "The Car". Alas! That just is nothing more than a fantasy with a distant possibility.

Glass seems ubiquitous in today's world, be it huge skyscrapers, home windows or a car windshield and bound to damage for numerous reasons. Knock the wood for the negative, if the calamity strikes your car windshields, the first thing that comes to mind is whether to go for an auto glass replacement or a repair. We present to you ten genuine reasons to consider windshield replacement over windshield repair.

1. Safety During Long Distance Travels:

If you travel often, you must be aware that roads might be bumpy, have sharp turns and weather conditions can also affect your car's status, especially if the windshield is cracked. Speed and other factors may cause even the smallest of the cracks to spread. A repaired windshield does not have the same integrity as a new one. The last thing that one can expect is a shattered windshield in middle of the road causing serious hazard that can be life-threatening at times. It is worth replacing the windshield in case of a long distance travel.

1. Maintain Structural Reliability of Car:

The structural reliability of a car may get compromised due to the damaged windshields which are susceptible to further degeneration due to stress caused by extreme cold/hot weather. It is recommended to get the windshield replaced instead of repaired if there are stresses in the windscreen and the atmosphere experiences sudden changes in temperatures. This may save you from the significant cost of mending a falling roof of your car!

1. Protection against Glares while Driving:

If there is a crack on the windshield, the refracting effect causes glares while driving on a sunny day or during nights. With a small crack as a starting point, it might further shatter causing interlocking of smaller pieces with neighboring pieces that won't fall voluntarily but block/ hinder vision of the road ahead. In this case replacing damaged windshield is a definite savior rather than temporary repairs.

1. Prevent Accidental Mishaps Due to Smashed Windshields:

Broken windshield may cause the glass to the shatter and roof to fall while driving on a highway. This is not only dangerous to the person in the driving seat and fellow passengers, but also hazardous to numerous vehicles on the same route. You can prevent such highway mishaps and accidents just by making a wise decision to replace the damaged windshield instead of repairing.

1. Larger Splinters Can Not be Repaired and Need Replacement:

Excluding a few exceptions,splinters more than 6 inches and flakes larger than 3/8 inches mostly cannot be refurbished. Such splinters and flakes demand immediate windshield replacement to ensure safety of the occupant.

1. Holds the Sunroof in A Sturdy Manner:

Car's windshield is the only part that holds the sunroof of the car and gives stability to it. Even a slight harm to the windshield glass may cause the roof to become fragile and pose a threat of sunroof breakage. Replacement of the splintered windshield before starting the journey is the only way to ensure a robust roof over your head. A robust windshield supports the roof and maintains 50-60% structural integrity of the car depending on its quality and model in case of rollover accidents.

1. Settled Dirt and Dust May Cause Auto Glass Repair to Fail:

Even if the chip or crack is of a small/manageable size, dirt and dust is difficult to remove if accumulated. It might affect the curing of adhesive done as part of repairs and cause the repair work to fail. So, if due to any reason, you could not block the dirt and dust from gathering on the chipped area, the best alternative would be the auto glass replacement.

1. A Broken Windshield Can Cost You a Ticket:

Besides aesthetic issues, it is illegal to drive a car with a broken or a chipped windshield. It implies driving in a dangerous condition causing an impaired full view of the road ahead. Residents of Florida, Kentucky, and South Carolina do have deductibles waived off for windshield replacements; however, one needs to assure that the crack is not in a vital area like the windshield wiper, stone/shot damage not more than ½ inches and frame still provides adequate protection when driving on highway. The rest remains up to you on what to choose, what's better between replacement or a ticket with a motoring offence!

1. Repair May Prove Costly Over Time:

A stitch in time saves nine; however when it comes to fractures on the edges of windshields it is better to get a new one rather than mending damage for the time being. The minor cracks may be eligible for actual replacement; but if you go the repair route, the glass may still fail pretty soon costing you for both the repair and the replacement.

1. Protects against Theft and Vandalism:

Damaged windshields are vulnerable as they can prove to be a window of opportunity for burglars to vandalize and compromise the security of your car. Smart thieves can use specialized equipment to further aggravate the cracked glass and take away your valuables while your vehicle is parked or you are on a driving break during a long journey.

When it comes to travelling safety and peace of mind are of utmost importance. Each and everyone's responsible mindset towards road safety and the motoring regulation is the key to gain it. A windshield replacement for an out of order/ detrimental glass panel can prove significant when it comes to a matter of life!