10 Things I Learned From Audrey Hepburn

10 Things I Learned From Audrey Hepburn

Some traits never go out of style.

215
10 Things I Learned From Audrey Hepburn
www.pixabay.com
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others. For beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness. And for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

1. Always Be Kind

Ask anyone who ever knew her, she could be tired, grumpy, busy, or hungry, and would still greet you with a smile and stop to listen to what you had to say. She was kind no matter the day or the season or the weather. How amazing must it be to be remembered as being kind for generations to come?

2. Never Give Up

A fact many may not know is Audrey was young and in Holland during World War 2 and was nearly starved like many others when the Nazi's cut off food supplies. She tried hard and went out of her comfort zone to be seen by Hollywood in order to provide for her family and even help the Resistance. She never gave up and because of that, she will always have my respect.

3. Give More

It's no secret Audrey had her fair share of fame and fortune, but she never let it get to her head. She was very involved in charities. So much so, she made her own society within the UNICEF (United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund), dedicating a lot of her time to helping children in need.

4. Simplicity Goes A Long Way

Audrey's style is the biggest example of how far simplicity can get you. She started the all black trend years ago, sporting trouser pants, high collars, and simple flats. Her simple style goes passed that, however, in how in her home, she focused on caring for her animals and tending to her garden.

5. Stand Tall And Sit Pretty

Since she grew up with a stern mother and dancing coaches, posture was drilled into her life as a young child. During interviews, conversations, and behind the scenes of her movies, you can find her sitting or standing straight. I believe this had a lot to do with her constant elegance and grace and it is a habit I try daily to achieve.

6. Work Hard

Audrey was always so hard working and focused, other traits that are mentioned just as quickly as her being kind.

7. Being Gentle Does Not Mean You Are Weak

Audrey was a gentle, soft soul. Her eyes and smile were kind and soft. Often, people think a kind, humble, small smile means you're weak, but it is having those traits and owning it makes you strong when the world expect you to not be.

8. Keep 'Em Guessing

Audrey always played the cute girl, the kind one, because that resembled who she really was, so when the character, Holly Golightly, from Breakfast At Tiffany's came along, no one expected her to go for the part, but she did anyways. Since she was such a simple person, there was quite a bit of mystery in her life when it came to the public, which I think is a good thing.

9. Laughter Heals

Audrey, of course, said it best: "I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person."

10. Never Give Up On Love

Audrey was married twice, both ending in divorce, but she would never be caught cursing love. Ever. Love was the strongest thing in her life, it's what she lived and breathed for. Once again, said best in her own words, "The best thing in life to hold onto is each other."

She is probably one of the best celebrities to follow and look up to. She lived with so much grace and generosity. So much humbleness and helpfulness. So much elegance and poise. She was loved and adored by all who met her. So much so, her legacy lives on. For everything she stood for and showed the world, I thank her. She taught many small, little girls, for years, just what it meant to be lovely.