Attractions at Clifton Hill

Attractions at Clifton Hill

There is more than just one side to Niagara Falls.

21
Attractions at Clifton Hill
Paige Euphoria DeWald

Bordering between Ontario and New York, Niagara Falls is a beautiful attraction of three waterfalls. Even though the natural sight is incredible all on its own, there is a whole different experience from Ontario’s point-of-view. Truth be told, when it comes to New York’s side, we lack the full experience of the tourist attraction. Just over the border is Clifton Hill, a street filled with gift shops, restaurants, museums, and many more. Ontario even has a list of fireworks festivals, upcoming ribfests, a casino, theatre, and live music. They even have a Fun Pass for sale which saves you $25 and allows you to experience five of the great attractions. Down below are some of the more popular activities within Clifton Hill.

1. Mini Golf.

There are two different types of mini golf near Niagara Falls, one of them being Dinosaur Adventure Golf. This attraction features two 18-hole courses: a T-Rex one as well as a Raptor one. The dinosaurs appear to be realistic and well crafted, and most are close to being life-sized. The course even has a mechanical 50-foot volcano that blows out steam.

The other course, Wizard’s Golf, is an indoors set up with blacklights to create a glow-in-the-dark experience. The entire area is filled with bright neon colors and is themed with wizards, fairies, dragons, and castles. The amount of artwork and dedication put into this set up is truly phenomenal.

2. Movieland: Wax Museum of the Stars.

When walking through this wax museum you are able to see celebrities in various different roles. Some of them musicians in costume while others are dressed up as characters from TV shows or movies. Most of replicas are realistic enough to capture the personality of these stars and it is entertaining to get an image next to them regardless of them being made out of wax. A few honorable mentions are: Barack and Michelle Obama, Elvis Presley, Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom in Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars, Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter, and Mike Myers as Austin Powers. Near the end of the exhibit you even have the chance to make a multicolored replica of your own hand to take home if you wish.

3. Great Canadian Midway.

This bright and lively arcade features over 300 games. Certain games will award you tickets which you can claim prizes with while others are interactive rides. If you have a Fun Pass, one of the attractions that come with the bundle is the Ghost Blasters Dark Ride. There you will be seated alone or with a partner with a laser gun in your hand. You ride smoothly through a haunted house and shoot any ghosts that come your way while your score is tallied in front of your cart.

4. Bowling.

Not only is Strike at Night Niagara’s only bowling alley but is one of the biggest venues around. With 14 lanes and continuing the theme of neon colors, this alley also has a full supplied bar with beer and cocktails along with soft drinks and a wide variety of food to go along with it. To be warned once it is past 9PM all guests must be over the age of 18. They also have included tables to play pool as well as interactive games if you do not feel up to bowling.

5. The SkyWheel.

Finish your sightseeing experience with a ride on Niagara Falls 175 foot Ferris wheel. From the highest point you are able to take a look at the Falls and all around Clifton Hill. Though I highly recommend going in line for this ride at night. The wheel will flash an arrangement of different colors and patterns and when at the top you will see the lights from other attractions creating a memorable sight.