Why Zuko Is Avatar's Most Compelling Character

From exile and poverty to unquestionable honor, Zuko's path is legendary.
1201

After finally being able to find the soundtrack for "The Legend of Korra," I was sucked into Avatar: The Last Airbender again, for the 50th time. Through the hilarious and tear-jerking parts of the classic anime, ATLA's character development is mind-blowing -- leaving you feelin' for Zuko as he grows from a tormented teen to Fire Lord. Here's what makes Zuko's story so timeless:

The BOD

The Hair

Besides those, here are the top reasons why Zuko's life captivates millions.

Zuko's Evolution

Zuko starts off bad, like scum of the earth bad. He burns villages, robs people and fights the world's only hope for peace.

Then he realizes his mistakes, finds his true purpose in life and fights with the good guys.

#SeifuHotman

The Influence of Iroh

Zuko becomes the man he is because of his uncle. From banishment to living as dirt-poor refugees, Iroh always guided Zuko to do the right thing... which didn't com easy:

But no matter how many times Zuko failed, his uncle always supported him.

We See Him On His First Date

Before Part II, we never see Zuko's soft side. But after his date we see he hides how kind and thoughtful he is.

Zuko's got enemies -- a lot of enemies.

When compared to other Fire Nation citizens, Zuko's a saint. His own dad's evil and burned his face, etc.

So Zuko's grumpiness is understood.

But other people like Commander Zhao and Azula... they're born evil.

He Goes From Novice to Firebending Master

Look at these moves!

#Unguardable

We Finally See Zuko Find His Happy Ending

He finds his goals in life, his own personal happiness and wifes his childhood flame before retiring on top.

His story makes you tear-bend every time.