A Thank You Letter To My Parents

A Thank You Letter To My Parents

I may not say it all the time, but I'm so grateful for you and blessed to have such great parents

3
A Thank You Letter To My Parents
Jen Sisti

You two are my rock. I cannot imagine what my life would be like with other people being my parents. I'm writing this to you because I want to make sure you know how appreciated you are for every little thing you've done for me.

Mom, thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for all those times I thought my outfit looked good and you sent me back to my room because it was either too risque or just an awful pairing of clothes. Or those times when I thought my makeup looked good and you told me to take it all off. Thank you for teaching me to be independent and that I don't need to rely on a man for anything in life. I can be successful on my own and I will be, because of you. After all those break-ups, thank you for allowing me to cry on you. It was stupid at the time, but I was heartbroken and you were there to comfort me because you hated seeing me upset. Thank you for being so strong when we went through hard times. I know I wasn't "grown up" and mature enough to be just as strong as you, but now I am. You have made me strong enough so that when another "tragedy" hits, I can be strong enough to be there for you and we can get through it together. Thank you for showing me the beauty and fragileness of life. You have forever changed my outlook on everything about life in the best way possible. I am so optimistic because of you. I appreciate the fact that we can laugh at everything together. Laughter is the best medicine and I'm lucky to be able to giggle and remember that everything is alright, or even just laugh and feel so happy about everything. Most importantly, thank you for forgiving me when I messed up. You allowed me to grow and learn from my mistakes and in the end, become a better person. I truly admire you and I would be so happy and content if I could be half the person you are. I aspire to be the woman you are and I know a lot of my friends envy you as well. You truly are Super Mom and I cherish the fact that you have such a big kind heart. You're such a beautiful, strong, incredible woman.I love you, Mom. Thank you for being you.

Dad, Thank you for being my best friend as well. Thank you for treating Mom so well, because I know how guys should treat me. Thank you for showing me how to change tires, fish, and even grill. So basically thank you for teaching me how to do the "men's job" because just like Mom, you've taught me to be an independent women who can hold her own. Thank you for giving all the guys I brought home the stink eye and giving them "the talk" because they will forever have respect for you and myself. Thank you for letting me watch the Discovery Channel, National Geographic, and all the other typical "Dad shows" because it has made me more knowledgeable and it's shows we have bonded over. Thank you for helping me work on being a "tough girl". It's a trait I've always wanted and we both know one day I'll need to be one. Thank you for listening to my boy problems and letting me cry, even though you really didn't like it and didn't want to get involved in it. Thank you for driving my friends and I to and from the movies and the mall, or even going shopping with me. Most men/Dads would find it as cruel and unusual punishment but I know deep down inside you loved it. Thank you for always giving me your input whether I liked it or not, or even coaching me. I know we sometimes butted heads when you tried to coach me in my sports but you're so knowledgeable and you have helped me more than you'll even know, or even more than I'll admit most times. Thank you for being my hero. I've always looked up to you and all that you do. Thanks for doing the impossible when no one is looking.You're such a handsome, kind, handyman and you're an incredible man. I love you, Daddy, thank you for being you.

Overall, you both have such a huge impact on my life and those weren't even all the things I am thankful for. I will always be your little girl, and we will always be a close family. You have taught me so much and you are continuing to teach me so much. Whether it's shown or not, you are always appreciated and loved endlessly. You guys rock! :)