ASU Football Is Back In Action And By The Looks Of It, It's Going To Be An Awesome Season

The Sun Devils kick off the season with a home victory over Kent State on August 29th

26

This past Thursday Arizona State routed Kent State 30-7 in preseason play. It was a night of firsts for starting Quarterback Jayden Daniels as he had his first passing touchdown and, showing off his elusiveness, had his first rushing touchdown during the night. Along with some broken plays that his quick thinking and field awareness, got the Devils out of. The perks of having a dual-threat quarterback.

We were also treated to backup quarterback Ethan Long joining Daniels on the field for a few rush plays, proving himself another asset to the team as well, with his strength and build, picked up some good yardage for the team. Eno Benjamin took flight, literally, hurdling two defenders during the night. Unfortunately, the first hurdle would be called back, but of course, Eno being Eno, leaped over another defender moments later with no problem.

N'keal Harry may be gone, but we cannot overlook the talent that is still on the offense. Frank Darby, Kyle Williams, and Brandon Aiyuk, all showed their colors on the field, specifically Aiyuk with a miraculous 77-yard touchdown creating more insurance for the Sun Devils, and not to mention a hurdle from Aiyuk himself. I've heard some say that Aiyuk has big shoes to fill and that he's assumed Harry's positioned since he went to the draft, but I don't think we should be comparing the two. Aiyuk, Williams, and Darby have shown numerous times that they have the talent and all of them together is definitely a defense's worst nightmare.

In other news, Jack Jones, the recent five start USC-transfer, did not make his Sun Devil debut that night. I do hope that Jones does start during the regular season. As a cornerback who's covered the likes of N'Keal Harry in the past, he should prove to be an important asset for the season to come.

In my opinion, the Sun Devils have more preparation to do for when they take on Michigan State in East Lansing. From my view, there is a lot of room for improvement and thus I wish them the best of luck.