What Your Assorted Novelty Says About Your Personality

Ice cream speaks louder than words.

53

I do not want to brag, but I am basically an ice cream guru. When it came time to write my article this week, a few of my coworkers suggested that I write an article that correlates a person's choice of ice cream to their personality. The majority of the ice cream choices at the place we work at are considered "Assorted Novelties," so I decided to use my expert ice cream and subpar psychology skills to break down these treats into traits.

1. Chipwich

You are an athletic type with a sweet tooth. After a long practice, or just a long day in general, no snack is more satisfying to you than ice cream smothered by two cookies. You are sporty and unconcerned with counting calories. Work hard, eat a lot—that's your motto.

2. Ice Cream Sandwich

You are clean-cut and classy. The old fashion style fits you well. You see no reason to stray from tradition and can be considered a creature of habit. You know what you like and stick to it.

3. Choco-Taco

This snack is a mess. Seriously, crumbs everywhere; however, this does not stop you. You do not mind the chaos. In fact, you thrive in chaos. You like a bit of a challenge and you are not the type of person to be embarrassed about eating, well, anything. You have a hearty appetite, so you need a snack that provides a multitude of flavors.

4. Strawberry Shortcake

You are definitely a troublemaker. You know that majority of this bar will end up smeared across the floor or your face, but you do not care. You will wipe your face on whatever is available and it will be someone else's problem to clean up the floor. You are not exactly sly when it comes to the trouble you are stirring, but, again, you are unconcerned with the consequences.

5. Drumstick

No, I do not think you are a musician. I do, however, know you are a person of patience and talent. You somehow manage to devour this treat without cracking the cone before you are ready. You tend to be late for things because you like to enjoy one task at a time. You always get to where you need to be, though, just not always in a timely manner.

6. Häagen-Dazs

You are a person of simplicity, but lack the skills to manage your own finances. (They're expensive for such a little amount of ice cream.) The choice of a pre-scooped, classic flavored ice cream gives you a feeling of superiority because you do not have to wait in line for your ice cream. You know you are awesome. You are also a grab-and-go, do-it-yourself kind of person, but like that the treat is already portioned for you.

7. Klondike Bars

You are always up for an adventure. There is nothing that you would not consider doing; no matter how crazy that something may seem to others. You do not mind getting your hands dirty—how else would you experience new things?

8. Chocolate Eclair Bar

You like trying new things as well. Failure or distaste for something does not scare you. You get over things fairly quickly, so if a situation or a snack is not what you anticipated, you are never truly heartbroken. You realize you can not plan everything; things could be better, could be worse...just like the chocolate eclair ice cream bar.

9. Heath Bar

Wise beyond your years, you are often sought out for advice. Heath bars are pretty specific, but you know you like them. You are confident in your choices because you have already evaluated all sides of the situation. You always have your life together and people are often jealous of you.

10. Milkshake

You are a follower. Once you see someone else with a milkshake, you have to have one as well. You are pretty laid back and go-with-the-flow, which means you rarely stray from the norm. Sometimes you may throw in some candy or Oreos because you are bored of your usual bland milkshake, but only if someone has tried the combination first.

11. Italian Ice (push pop edition)

You, most likely, are under the age of 10 and either your parents or babysitter decided this was the least messy snack for you to eat in the car, had the least amount of sugar in it or was the treat least likely to ruin your dinner. Jokes on them!

It may not seem like it, but the item you choose to chow down on every afternoon or evening (or morning, no judgment) says a lot about who you are as a person. Trust me, I sell these things for a living. I'm what they call a "professional."