I’m mad again. What a surprise. In fact, I’m pissed. I truly did not believe that this election would mean as much to me as it does. I’m shocked at the results because I cannot comprehend the selfishness of racist, misogynists (and the others), nor can I understand the stupidity of those who’ve been saying ‘my vote won’t count’.
Here, we've got a couple questions, sounding more like interrogations. These are completely relevant and significant in our growth as a society. I still feel that despite the changes to take place beginning January 2017, we must not back away from togetherness. We've been doing too well with social justice to back down. So without further ado… my rant:
- IS “GRAB HER BY THE PUSSY” FUNNY TO YOU IN ANYWAY?
- For some reason, sexual assault, harassment, rape are seen as a joke. If you’ve heard what Trump said and still support him, you are supporting his beliefs and his outrageously inappropriate sense of humor.
- This, to me, was less of a ‘haha!’ and more of an ‘are women safe in this country?’
- DO MUSLIMS NOT MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU BECAUSE THEY SERVE GOD DIFFERENTLY THAN YOU?
- If you support a xenophobic and even more specifically an Islamophobic but still have the nerve to say that ‘God loves all His children’ and that ‘He’s got the whole world in His hand’, you aren’t practicing true love which is God’s main concern: love and respect towards all.
- Muslims worship the same God as Christians (just a news flash for ya)!
- DO YOUR MINORITY FRIENDS REALIZE THAT THEY MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO YOU?
- My follow-up question is: Why do people say ‘I have black friends’, but support and condone racism? If you’re a racist, you’re a racist. You don’t have black friends. Friends are those you acknowledge and care about.
- My follow up, follow up question is: Do you care about your black friends?
- What about your friends whose parents immigrated from third world countries to flee from war to the land of the free with the determination of living the American Dream and raise a family where threats are not issues?
- How does a family who’s escaped harm, trying to avoid it, not wanting to cause it, from another country make you angry?
- @ ALL MY WHITE PEOPLE: WHERE THE HELL DID ALL OF YOUR ANCESTORS COME FROM?
- Do you even know? Because I can assure you they aren’t from here.
There is so much more I could say. I will talk about the LGBTQIAA+ community, BLM, and immigration in articles to come. But for now, look me in the eyes and tell me that Donald J. Trump, our president-elect, is right for a country such as the United States, which consists of people who’ve fought long and hard to get us inches towards freedom. We are moving backwards; not only because of the ignorance and stupidity but also because of the complete and utter selfishness of most of the citizens of the United States.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate this country, but the way we're making America… is not… great.