Why Are Asian Women Fetishized?

Yes, I'm Asian, And No, I'm Not Here For Your Racist 'Exotic' Fetishes

Take it elsewhere.

95

I'm not exotic or a "foreign beauty."

I speak English.

No, I'm not quiet or shy.

I will not be obedient and do everything you tell me to.

If you only like Asian girls that's not a type, it's a fetish.

I can't even count the number of times I've dealt with guys who approach me solely because of my ethnicity. They usually start by telling me how much they like Asian girls or they ask me questions about my ethnicity and say something racist whilst also trying to flirt.

Or I get referred to as an object. My friend and I have been seen together around his apartment complex and his neighbors have come up to him and said, "I see you're with an Asian girl, tell me, how can I get me one of those?"

I don't get why guys think I'm exotic, and why that makes me more interesting.

It makes me uncomfortable and wary of every guy I talk to.

Are you trying to actually get to know me or are you only talking to me because I'm Asian?

And let's not forget how the tables turn when it comes to Asian men. Whereas Asian women are seen as desirable and exotic, Asian men are viewed as emasculated. They're too "feminine" or "girlish." People see Asian men as a joke when it comes to dating them.

It would be great if we could get rid of all these tropes or stereotypes of Asian men and women altogether. We're people like everyone else, there's nothing special or worse about us.

I want to stop worrying about if the first impression is of every guy I talk to is about my ethnicity. And Asian men shouldn't be made to feel like they're subpar to every other male out there.

Sorry, but if you were looking for a docile, cute, and quiet Asian woman, it's not me.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.