Artist Who Banned Trump From Using Their Songs

5 Artists That Want Trump to Stop Playing Their Music

Music has a lot of influence, and many artists don't want their beliefs to be misunderstood

157

Half way through Trump's reign as president, it is not a surprise that there are a lot of people who do not like Trump, including celebrities. Many musicians have spoken up about Trump's use of their music at political rallies and events, often to say - don't use it!

Rihanna

media3.giphy.com

The most recent celebrity to speak out about Trump's use of her music. Rihanna made her anger towards Trump known on twitter, after it was made known to her that Trump was using "Don't Stop the Music" to hype of crowds during his political rallies, stating: "Not for much longer..me nor my people would ever be at or around one of those tragic rallies". Following her public response, Rihanna has sent a cease and desist letter, one of many received by The President lately, banning Trump from using her music at political rallies and events.

The Rolling Stones

media3.giphy.com

Trump's favorite genre to play at many of his rallies are classic rock bands, but many of these bands, like the Rolling Stones, do not appreciate their music being used to promote a cause they do not believe in. The Rolling Stones have released the following statement: "The Rolling Stones have never given permission to the Trump campaign to use their songs and have requested that they cease all use immediately".

Queen

media0.giphy.com

Again, President Donald Trump took it upon himself to use Queen's "We are the Champions" at many political rallies in 2016. However, Trump failed to obtain the proper license, and when Queen found out, they sent him a cease and desist letter, which he promptly ignored.

Adele

media3.giphy.com

Adele may be the "first" to really ban trump from using her music. During the 2016 election, even though she is unable to vote in US, UK native Adele greatly advocated for Hillary Clinton, and promptly banned Trump from using any of her music at any events.

Pharrell

media1.giphy.com

After Trump's inappropriate use of Pharrell's song 'Happy" following the tragic events at the Pittsburgh synagogue, Pharrell follow suit with other bands, like Queen and The Rolling Stones, and released an official cease and desist letter, banning Trump from using his music at any political events.