An Article On Love

An Article On Love

Because what else would I write about.

7486
An Article On Love
Hannah Stivenson

I am a sucker for Lifetime movies. I watch the "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette." I even got the rose when I saw it live in person. I watch proposals on Youtube and have a Pinterest board filled with wedding things. I even have certain wedding ideas and playlists made. I am a hopeless romantic.

The truth is that I haven’t actually been in many relationships and I’m not that great with love. You would think that I would have it all figured out and the truth is I don’t. I am as awkward as they come. Some may say it’s endearing but I just think I’m cringe worthy. I do have a lot of advice to offer because I do know more than most I just don’t follow the advice.

I have learned a lot about what works in love and what doesn’t. I didn’t know how hard it was to actually get someone interested in you and to keep them around. I didn’t know that love was hard. It isn’t all fairytales or happily ever afters. It is difficult and frankly you need to try to please the other person.

There are many different types of people out there. You aren’t going to be compatible with all of them. Sometimes someone you love isn’t the best person for you and are going to have to break it off. Sometimes you are going to have to fight for someone who doesn’t want you. There are many factors that you have to consider. There may be a difference in beliefs or one of you may be moving away. It is rough in this age because a lot of us are using apps and social media to meet people. It just isn’t always fun.

If you are struggling with love just know this: You are not alone. Your soulmate is out there. Don’t waste your time on those who don’t actually treat you well. Don’t just date because you don’t want to be alone. You are beautiful and confidence is key. Happily ever after is hard to come by. Be you and you will impress. You don’t have to change. Love yourself first and love will come when you least expect it.