'Sweetener' may have been released a few months ago but I still play it on blast when walking to class. Ariana Grandes has great songs that are relatable and empowering. Some of my favorites are 'God is A Woman,' 'Successful,' and 'Better Off.' Her songs put me in a good mood so I thought I would share some of her lyrics that I thought were positive and empowering.
1. 'And I can be all the things you told me not to be, When you try to come for me, I keep on flourishing'
Just keep flourishing and keeping your head. Life has its ups and downs but you can do it!
2. 'You’ll believe God is a woman'
All woman are powerful and strong!
3. 'Yeah, it feels so good to be so young And have this fun and be successful, yeah, I'm so successful, Yeah, And girl you too, You are so young, And beautiful and so successful, Oh, Woah, Yeah I'm so successful'
Keep working and being the best you can be! You're doing great!
4. 'Just keep breathin’ and breathin’ and breathin’ and breathin’'
Some times you just have to a second to just breath and relax. Balance is important.
5. 'Tonight, I'm a baller, babe'
Do things that make you good! Where that is going out, reading a book, or spending time with friends!
6. 'Right now, I'm in a state of mind, I wanna be in like all the time'
Find something that makes you happy. Surround yourself with positivity!
7. 'Ain't got no tears left to cry'
Don't apologize for making good and healthy decisions for you.
8. 'I'm better off without him, I'm better off being a wild one'
You're are a powerful force on own. Make decisions that are good for you!
9. 'We're way too fly to partake in all this hate, We out here vibin', we vibin', we vibin''
Ignore the haters and be yourself!
10. 'Comin' out, even when it's rainin' down'
Don't let things permanently bring you down. You have to get back up!
11. 'I'm lovin', I'm livin', I'm pickin' it up'
It is always good to have positive vibes and live life to the fullest!
12. 'You're such a dream to me'
It is could to have dreams and things to believe in.
13. 'The light is coming to give back everything the darkness stole'
As always remember the opposite of darkness is light.
I hope you find this lyrics inspiring, helpful, or relatable in a way. Also if you have not listened to 'Sweetener,' I don't know what you are waiting for!