Are You Enough?

Are You Enough?

I am enough and you are enough because Jesus is enough.

47
Are You Enough?
Mikayla Woolwine

We all wonder. We all ask. We all wrack our brains to find the answer and work our hardest to prove we are, yet at the end of the day, the question remains and we look at ourselves, asking, am I enough? Am I enough to keep this friendship going? Am I enough to be noticed, to be cherished. Am I enough to be liked? Am I enough to make him miss me? Am I enough to look good in an Instagram picture? Am I enough to keep you interested? Am I enough to get a degree? Am I enough to be considered successful? Am I enough to reach my dreams. Am I enough to move people? Am I enough?

And what if I'm not enough? What if I'm not pretty or brilliant enough to have someone marry me? What if I'm not smart enough on paper to impress my employer? What if I'm not strong enough to keep going day by day? What if I'm not wise enough to be remembered? What if I'm not mature enough to be taken seriously? What if I'm not impactful enough to make a change, funny enough to lift spirits, or kind enough soften hearts? What if I'm not enough?

I've sat many times with these question circling me, pushing me into a corner. I've sat in the shower crying over this. I've stood on a dance floor debating with this. I've sat on a bed wondering this. At 10 years old, 13, 16, 19. And I know I'm not alone. We all struggle with thinking we're inadequate at some point or another. We stare at our reflections, asking all these question again and again and again. Questions are pointless with no answer. So I'll provide one. I am enough and you are enough because Jesus is enough.

The pastor at my church always says "if the tomb is empty, anything is possible." I think if we really believed that, we wouldn't let this world stop us from recognizing who we are in Him. He tells us we are precious, pure, taken care of, courageous, healed, complete, alive, wanted, appointed, forgiven, chosen.

Why don't we live like this? Maybe it's because we think it's too good to be true, but I'm here to tell you, yes it is good. It is so so so good, but it also so so so true. Why do we run from the truth? Why do we convince ourselves we are not who He says we are?

He tells us we are loved, yet we frown in the mirror. He tell us we are cherished, yet we cry at a scale. He tells us we are protected, yet we live in fear of the future. He tells us we are redeemed, yet we lose faith. He tells us we are found, yet we convince ourselves we are lost. He tells us we are known, yet we run from the knowledge. He calls us beloved, yet we give our hearts to the things of this world.

Just imagine what it would look like if we spent our lives like we believed Him. We would walk in every room knowing our power and our worth. We would shine with so much confidence and pour out so much love. We would know the sky isn't the limit and that our dream's fingertips can reach all the way up to Heaven. We would understand that we are noticed by the King. We would lead a life of service, no matter the sacrifice. We would live in the knowledge that we are enough. We would be, in every way, completely unstoppable, entirely unbreakable. Living loud for His glory.

If we believed what He tells us, if we looked at ourselves and at others like Jesus does, we wouldn't give up our dreams or run from our futures because of fear. We would give until we couldn't give anymore and love until we couldn't love anymore and believe until we couldn't believe anymore in Him and in His truth and in His promise that we are enough, will always be enough, and will never ever stop from being enough. Next time you find yourself asking "Am I?", focus on the I Am. If the Creator of creation sent His only son to die on a cross to save you. You are enough. And that's just what He did.

"You are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you." Isaiah 43:4