Are You Addicted?

Are You Addicted?

We're all addicted to something.

20
Are You Addicted?
Thought Catalog

I need, crave, and desire the simplest things; for our skin cells to collide like two best friends who haven't seen each other in a year; for the windows of our soul to allow each others' light inside. I'm longing for the caress of your fingertips across my face, past my hair, and down my spine as my body gets goosebumps. Call me crazy for craving all of this so bad. I'm not insane. I... I am just addicted to you.

Have you ever thought of yourself like an addict? Take a few seconds to think of things you can't live without doing or seeing. Yeah, you're an addict and it's okay because I am, too. Not everything we are addicted to is bad for us. Many individuals are addicted to success, yet others to drugs. You can be addicted to someone as though they are your heroin. It's story time so please get comfortable and grab some snacks before you continue reading.

There was this girl I once knew. She was a full package, from brains to beauty. I was extremely close to her. Very nice and respectful with high standards. One day she met this man who desired her so bad yet she didn't want him. She tried walking away, but his debonair features along with the sweet words feed her ears. As we all expect, she fell for him. She didn't just simply fall for him, but her world started revolving around him. Everything she thought of or did was about him. The saddest part was that in the midst of this addiction she lost herself in the maze of his body. She was so strong... but she quickly became weaker the more she gave in to him. She found she was so addicted to everything that composed of his persona. What broke me was visualizing her ruining and losing herself due to this ridiculous addiction and I call it ridiculous because he wasn't addicted to her as she was to him. She would call me in the middle of the night crying, telling me every time of something new he did to break her fragile heart. Her heart was so big, delicate like a glass vase and a petal of a rose. As time goes on, she still is battling with this addiction of hers. Trust me I've tried helping her but there is nothing that can help her. I only pray that God's loving hands open her blind eyes and allow her to see the light in the middle of the darkness. I only told this story for all those blind ones who are addicted to someone but the feeling is not reciprocated, WAKE UP! Please do so ASAP. My eyes fill up with tears as I advise you all because I've seen this way too often and it aches my heart. Regardless of what you are addicted to, if it's detrimental, seek for ways to detach yourself from that living cancer that is killing you from the inside out. Run away from that which torments you in the night, especially when you're alone. Being aware of your addiction is a great start, keep going... you'll find your way.