6 Reasons We All Hate The 'Talking Stage'
relationships

We've all been there before, and some of us never leave.

414
Photo by Évelin Terres from Pexels

We've all been there before, you've met someone new, you hang out with them a couple times, and then you establish that you are now talking. Talking? What does that even mean, and how do you tell your mom? Personally, I think we should get rid of it in general, but let us all agree that these are at least 6 things we hate about the talking stage.

1. Trying to explain this stage to everyone is tiring. 

All of your friends want to know where you're at in the talking stage, they want the details, "Have you guys kissed?" "So does this mean y'all are a thing?" "So you like like them..." Don't even get me started on trying to explain this to your family, the just don't understand why you're just "talking".

2. There is no commitment 

Think about it, talking to someone comes with 0 responsibilities unless ground rules have been made. One day you could be talking and flirting, and then the next its completely dead. But at this stage, it's okay, unless you really do want to be with this person.

3. You're together, but not "together". 

Do you know how frustrating this is when you want to post on Instagram, what are people going to think? Do you make this "thing" exclusive or do you just trust them?

4. Being "ghosted". 

This is such a hard topic to address, but it happens all the time. The "thing" that you guys have is going strong and the next thing you know, you got left in the dark.

5. Keeping it a secret. 

If you're anything like me then you know that this can be hard once you get a new "boo". Keeping it a secret can be a curse and a blessing, but most of the times its a curse. You have that constant feeling of you not being the only one.

6. Things aren't going anywhere

You've hung out a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to aid in moving things closer to a relationship. For some of us this is where we stay Every. Single. Time.