Get Informed This Stress Awareness Month

April is Stress Awareness Month.

23
The Huffington Post

April is Stress Awareness Month. Stress is definitely a feeling many of us know all too well, and it’s important to bring light to this issue so that we can learn how to navigate stress better, and we can realize when it gets to an unhealthy level.

According to GoStress.com, “75% of adults reported experiencing moderate to high levels of stress in the past month and nearly half reported that their stress has increased in the past year.” Clearly this is a very prevalent issue, and we need to bring more awareness to it so that more people can live happier, healthier lives.

Typical Stressors

I asked some of my Instagram followers about stressors they encounter in their day-to-day life:

“Social anxiety.” -Rebecca, @tpyriformis1988

“Pressurized situations like presentations and testing environments, and one-on-one social situations.” -Morgan, @aspenspirit

“School and friends.” -Izzy, @__trash.queen__

“Family life.” -Rachel, @aliveandthriving

“Changes in plans, money, conflict, socializing.” -Haley, @happinessforhaley

Tips For Destressing

I also asked some followers what their favorite ways to destress are:

“Being out in nature.” -Becca, @becoming_becca.again_

“I love to make a cup of tea and drink it while being on a cozy place in total silence.” -Berit, @berit97

“After a really stressful day, I like to get my favorite crystals out, some bubble bath or a bath bomb, a glass of wine or sparkling water, and maybe some snacks and candles and have a hot bath.” -Laur, @authenticityoverapproval

“I like to write in my journal sometimes and just get my thoughts out on paper because that’s better than speaking to someone sometimes.” -Kaiya, @mentalillnessdoesnotdefineyou

"Try and find something that you love doing and do it once a week, even if that is horse riding or drawing or anything, just do it. You will feel so much better." -Caitlin, @caitlinhollern

This Stress Awareness Month, check in with yourself and see where your stress levels are at. Some stress is necessary and healthy, however there is a very fine line, and it can quickly lead into an unhealthy place. The next time you are feeling overrun by stress, remember that you aren’t alone, and give some of these amazing de-stressing tips a try!