An Open Letter To My High School Best Friend

"You're my person, you will always be my person"
391

Dear Best Friend,

This is a much long overdue appreciation letter for everything you do. So please bare with me through this super sappy letter because I know you're going to be rolling your eyes through most of it.

First I would like to say thank you for being one of my first friends our freshman year. Going to a new school is always scary, and going to a new high school where everyone has known each other since they were three, seemed terrifying to little 14 year old me. But nonetheless you (among with other people) welcomed me with open arms and treated me with as much love as you did with your other friends whom you've known you're whole life.

Thank you for singing with me in freshman bio, for always giving me a partner in 10th grade English, for surviving (barely) AP Bio, and keeping me sane during calculus. Basically, thank you for getting me through those four years, in our little tiny school, with everything it entailed, especially the last few weeks.

Thank you for being just as weird as me, for all the lunch dates, for putting up with my taste in music, for scaring away boys, for being my "girlfriend", for all the late night Facetime calls, for modeling with me for my mom, for being my date to senior prom, for giving me a second home, for all the adventures, and most importantly thank you for sticking by my side through everything.

You put up with my stubbornness and snap me back to reality when I need it and show me whats really important. You deal with my mental breakdowns and put things into perspective, and show me what I'm really worth. You love me unconditionally for who I am, and that is so much more than what I could ask for in a best friend.

Having you is like having a constant cheerleader (shut up I know what you're thinking). What I mean is that you're always in my corner supporting me with all of my decisions, no matter how crazy or stupid they may be.

In all honesty, I haven't known you that long... four going on five years, but I will remember you forever. You are the one person I tell literally everything to, it doesn't matter how weird, or gross or stupid my stories are you are always right there laughing with me or going along with my dumb ideas I have at one o'clock in the morning.

You have become a part of my crazy Portuguese family and everyone loves you as if you were blood related. You have become another sister to not only me but to Jill as well, and lord help her when she gets a boyfriend...the two of us are worse than if she had an older brother.

Also, a quick thank you in advance for being my future nurse when I'm a PA, a godmother to my kids, for being in my wedding, and for being my lifelong best friend because I don't think I could make it through life without you.

Thank you for everything you do, and thank you for being my person.