Appreciate What You Have, Each and Every Day

76
Wiki How

Gobble Gobble! It's that time of year. Thanksgiving is a holiday that should be celebrated everyday. 'Tis the season to giving thanks and spreading holiday cheer. 'Tis the season to spending extra time with your family and friends and giving back to your community. 'Tis the season to being generous to the people you know, and everyone you come in contact with. Through our busy lives, a lot of the time we forget to be grateful and thankful for the lives we live and the people in it. Thanksgiving gives you a day to remember, and stop and think about how great of a life you live and all of the accomplishments you have made. You get to spend the day with your family and friends laughing and bringing up past happy, fun, and embarrassing memories while eating until we are uncomfortably full and have tummy aches.

Here are 10 things I am thankful for this year:

1. My loving parents who would drop the world for me. Whether you are 7 years old or 37 years old, you will never be able to learn the things you learn from your parents anywhere else.

2. My great group of friends who have stuck around for another year. The friends who have supported me, and stuck by my side through the heartbreaks, life scenarios, etc. Thankful for the new connections and relationships I made this year.

3. Getting a good college education. Thankful for the great college education I am receiving, all of my professors pushing me to do my best, and how far I have come throughout my college career.

4. My pets. To have such cuddly, furry animals to brighten my day when I get home.

5. My health, both physically and emotionally. Happy that I have lived another year with positive physical and mental mindsets. Healthy body, healthy mind.

6.Coffee and wine. Thank you coffee for always waking me up in the mornings and giving me a caffeine boost. And thank you wine for always being my stress reliever every night after a long day.

7. Nature. The beauty of going on a run in the mornings and looking up at the beautiful sun peeking through and the cool brisk breeze that you feel against your skin. Just looking and feeling nature and the beauty of life can take all of your worries away.

8.Music. Life would be very bland without the sensational beat of music and lyrics. It is a personal connection one feels when you listen to a certain song, or what type of music you listen to. Music is a part of someone's identity. Music is the healing to the soul.

9. Mistakes. Thankful for mistakes. Why you might ask? Mistakes teach you lessons whether it be good or bad. Mistakes help you improve as a person and helps you find yourself. Thankful everyday for the mistakes in my life, and I do not regret any of them.

10. Today. Everyday brings new adventures, new relationships, new opportunities. Thankful for each and everyday this year. Positivity and change is good. Blessed is an understatement. Live in the present.

Be thankful and appreciate what you have everyday, because you never know when something can be quickly taken away from you. <3