It's So Important To Appreciate "Your Person"

Appreciating your person.

111
Caroline Cook

Having that one person you almost have an unspoken connection with is something special. That person who knows exactly what to do when you're upset. The person who can make you laugh no matter the circumstance. Reading this I bet you're already thinking of that person. Your Person.

Your person can literally be anyone. Parent, sibling, boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, best friend, cousin, aunt/uncle, grandparents, anyone. You may also have more than just one person and that's okay. Having someone who understands you better than others and being able to open up to this person about anything is not just found in all of your friends. It is found in a special person.

It is so important to have a person like this in your life.

A lot of people say they can get through life on their own and maybe that's true, but for most of us, we need that comfort.

We need that other half to share our emotions with.

We need someone who we connect with on a deeper level.

And that person needs us.

It is almost an indescribable relationship. Your person can challenge you when they think you can do better, motivate you when they know you're doubting yourself, pick you up when they see you are crumbling down, talk to you when they know you need someone, and be that person who never leaves your side.

Your person is the one who can have the best day in the world but when they hear how bad your day was, all they do is listen and not say a word about themselves. Your person listens and truly cares about you and vice versa.

Your person is the one you want to spend not only the good times with but the bad as well. They are the first person you call when you get big news. That person you know if you argue with, you can come back and they will have their arms open wide to welcome you back in with nothing but love.

You need them more than you know. They help you get through everyday life and are basically family if not already. This person is yours and will always be yours.

Tell them you love them and make sure they know how appreciated they are. Because if you have a person... you are one of the lucky ones. You have someone who is forever.

Find your person and be that person.