Apes are Better Than Humans

Apes are Better Than Humans

The trilogy of the century must go on
27

When I was a child in the first grade my teacher put on the movie “Planet of the Apes”. I didn’t like it. The apes were mean to humans and the cinematography was scary to a kid my age but I knew that I did like sci-fi films. I also knew that I liked Matt Damon, he was great. In this movie he goes after his favorite coworker who's a chimp, he lands on another planet during another time and in the and when he gets back to Earth during his own time, it's over run by chimps. I thought I wouldn't watch it again.

Then I got older. And Rise of the Planet of the Apes came out. I saw it with my family and fell in love. Dave Franco did a phenomenal job. Everything about this movie was great. The acting, the cinematography, and the makeup. This quickly became a franchise that people of all ages could enjoy. My father and I watched them all we even went back and saw the old ones. Still the newer ones are much better. Then came Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

This is the most significant of the movies because it sets the tone. Caesar the smart ape has founded a colony with the other remaining apes and the live in peace, Caesar has two sons and a wife and loyal friends. The humans are dying from a plague brought on by the apes. This has wiped out almost all of the human population. Koba an ape who in Dawn was tortured goes rouge! He never forgives humans for what they did to him so he kills two humans and shoot Caesar and tells the other apes that humans killed Caesar and then they go to the human compound and try to kill the humans.Caesar is obviously not dead and defeat Koba and you would think all would be well right ... ? WRONG! We have now arrived at the reason for this article.

So boom War gets here and people run to the theaters. I on the other hand could not, I had priorities. So I waited until it got on one of those free websites. So of course I watch it and I call my father so he can too. I was not disappointed but now comes the part of the article I wanted to get to. SPOILER ALERT COMING UP: DO NOT KEEP READING IF YOU DO NOT WANT ME TO SPOIL IT.

By this time in the franchise we have watched Caesar grow as an ape (obviously he wasn't a man). He has a family, and a colony and the apes are living in bliss unless the humans get in a mood and decide the want to kill them. Oh yeah humans?! BAD PEOPLE IN THIS MOVIE! They're an army now hunting apes. I was disgusted. The virus wiped out most of the humans but the war that Koba brought on is still raging on. Of course Apes want peace but humans want war. Some Apes are actually working for the humans. The humans call them Donkeys. During a rave the humans get into the cave and kill Blue Eyes, Caesar's first born son and his wife. thinking that it's Caesar. Tears streamed down my face. Now it's all about revenge but then Caesar realizes that he's better than Koba and he can forgive. After all he does have another son. Apes are taken prisoner by the humans who treat them badly. Caesar finds out that more humans are are joining them but that the new humans aren't on the same page with the others. War ensues (as it should) and the apes get away. Humans kill each other and the remaining ones are wiped out by an avalanche.The apes and a little mute girl named Nova survives.

First of all, Woody Harrelson deserves some serious recognition. He played the hell out of his role. Legit, I was scared. He was merciless and ruthless and just the villain that my boy Caesar needed to defeat. But then my boo dies! And it’s not like he dies in a firey blaze as he throws a grenade from a plane and junk. NO!! Caesar leads all the Apes to the promise land and then he dies! He couldn’t even enjoy it. To be completely honest. A few of the greats die. His wife, his first son, Woddy, Luca the big gorilla who would throw down for Caesar. I cried when he died. It marked an end of an era. But the main reason why I cried is for my boy Cornelius. Cornelius is Caesar’s youngest son. When Woody came in an slaughtered his wife and son, Cornelius went into hiding. Now, in a matter of I think a week this baby has lost his entire family! A whole family! He’s just a baby. The only two good things that came out of this movie was that we meet Bad Ape who’s a chimp from the Sierra Zoo. And that the orangutan saves a little girl because she can’t talk. They teach her sign language and the apes get along very well with her after the kill her dad.

Watch the movie, but go into with a clear mind that you may become very upset.