Anything We Can Do, God Can Do Better

Anything We Can Do, God Can Do Better

Dear College Kid, stop putting so much pressure on yourself.

86
Anything We Can Do, God Can Do Better
pc wallart

The pressure we put on ourselves is as if the whole world is suddenly closing in around us. There is so much to do and so little time. We feel pressured by day to day things, long term thoughts and everything in between. Why? I guess because we just want to succeed and the world’s definition of success is making six figures, owning a big house with a white picket fence, having a husband who also makes as much, if not more than you. Also while having two kids, a dog, a cat, and a rockin’ body. Am I close? In the meantime, there are a few categories of life, which pressure us in their own way.

The first being School/Work. If you do not feel pressure because of school or work please come and talk to me because I should probably move schools (Jk I love VT). School brings an overwhelming amount of demands. Some of which the school demands and others you demand of yourself. Then we have the Social Life category. This consists of our family, friends, clubs, sports, or anything else you like to spend your free time doing. This is the one that we want to do the most but, never seem to have enough time for. Which in turn, makes it stressful free time rather than relaxing free time. The one I am sure the majority of us can relate too is the Relationship category. “Lol oops, mine doesn’t exist.” I am sure at least one person just said that to himself or herself. Guess what? It does. We are in college and you have probably thought about the fact that maybe you want to find your future wife/husband before you have to go out into the “real world”. For those that are in relationships, you know the pressure that comes with it. Last but not least, we have the pressure to be good Christians. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t felt that weighing on my shoulders a time or twenty.

Here is the good news, the pressure may seem overwhelming, but we have a God who can take it all off of our shoulders. All of it. Seriously, every single thing. You do not have to worry about any of it if you just give it to him. He actually wants to handle it for us. You see, God is more wise than any of us think we are…combined. If anyone can take school and make it less stressful, can pencil in friends and family, can write my love story, and help me to be the best me I can manage, it is Him. It is only Him. If you are like me, you probably think you can handle it. But I am going to be honest with you, you can’t. None of it. Even the little things that we think we can do, God can do better. So let Him.

Psalm 55:22- Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.