Anything for Selena

Anything for Selena

This Beauty Queen is making Headlines

123
Anything for Selena
E Online

To many individuals, Selena was an idol who they looked up to, and continued to look up to even after her death. She was known as the Queen of Tejano music; a title that I feel still holds true today. In 1997, was the release of the movie "Selena" which was based on the life and untimely death of the famous singer Selena Quintanilla. It has been exactly 21 years since the young singer passed away, and as of Tuesday August 30th, 2016 Selena has officially been given her own wax sculpture in the Madame Tussaudos Hollywood. This year Selena has been making headlines and her beauty is making a comeback. She not only has her own wax figure, but in October there will also be a Selena Mac collection that will be released along with the exclusive Bidi Bidi Bom Bom lip gloss. Even in death, her fame and inspiration lives on through social media, as she has an official twitter, Instagram and snapchat page. Even with all these amazing things that are now coming out, what continues to amaze me is that even until today, Selena has continued to be a role model for all women across the globe.

Selena was a cross over language artist, singing both English and Spanish, which is big for in the music industry. She was also named top Latin artist, and the bestselling Latin artist. Her music was amazing. Her music even continues to play on radio stations, or is downloaded on individual’s phones. My personal favorites are “Dreaming of You,” “Como La Flor,” “Missing my Baby,” “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom,” “I Could fall in Love,” to name a few. Not only was her music itself amazing, but as a woman, Selena Quintanilla was an inspiration as she broke down barriers and helped many women love the skin they are in and be the woman you want to be, because there is no wrong way to be a woman.

It has been 21 years since the singer has passed away and even after 21 years she continues to make an impact on many woman across the globe. Selena broke down barriers for Latina women in many ways. The biggest impact I would have to say is how to love the skin you are in. As a Hispanic woman not once did she stop wearing her red lips or nails, or lose her eye for fashion. She dressed the way she wanted and she did it proudly. Whether it was her boostea tops, covered in glitter, or wearing something that was amazing and different from the last outfit. She wasn’t afraid to be who she was and by being that individual it opened the eyes of many women who still today look up to her, because sometimes woman can be criticized for showing their style from their different ethnic backgrounds. To be a Mexican woman in the music industry and being who you are was bold, and Selena Quintanilla wasn’t afraid to be all of that and more.

As I continue to grow older I can see how Selena has made a comeback in today’s society. Not once did anyone ever question anything because the beauty queen herself was someone we all loved dearly and were heartbroken to have seen such a beautiful soul leave so quickly. Selena is someone I myself look up to because not only is she a beautiful Hispanic woman, but she taught me to love my looks and who cares if wearing red lips makes me look more ethnic, because I am proud of my nationality and I should never be afraid to show who I really am.