We're All Going Through The Same Journey.

Life can get really crazy sometimes. Especially being a young adult, it feels as though each year is more intense and difficult than the last. You have to go from being a kid to an adult in such a short period of time. Occasionally it may feel as though you can't keep up and that you're falling behind when that's not the reality at all.

I promise you're doing everything just fine.

Even though it may seem like everyone around you is progressing through life at a faster pace, you know, those people with amazing jobs, stable relationships and a clear plan, I can almost guarantee that they feel lost too. People are always searching for something else and looking to others to see what they should be doing.

But life isn't about checking things off of a list. It just doesn't work like that.

I know it's difficult to navigate life, trust me, I do. It took me a while to really get a hold on my own life. And I don't have all the answers either. However, I do have tips to help you remember that your life is yours and no one else's.

1. Everyone Has Their Own Pace

https://www.123rf.com/stock-photo/crowded_street.html

I think this is the most important thing to remember when you feel like you aren't on the same track as everyone around you. It's easy to get swept up in the fact that everyone has an internship and you don't or that this person is graduating early and you're not, but you have to take a moment to consider if those things are right for you in that moment of your life.

Just because someone else has an internship doesn't mean you have to. People may have jobs lined up after college already, but that doesn't mean you won't find a job ever. Sometimes other people's success can feel like the end of the world, but it's really not. As long as you're doing the best you can with what you have, that's really all you can do.

2. Stop Comparing Your Life

https://www.stockvault.net/free-photos/bliss

I know, I know. This is so much easier said than done. But seriously, it's like comparing apples and oranges. Nobody has the same life as you. Nobody has the same experiences, thoughts, skill set, and goals that you do. So why would it make sense to compare what you're doing to what someone else is doing?

We all know that comparison is a slippery slope. It can be seriously damaging to compare your experiences to other people's. You may end up feeling like a failure when you're not. When you take a step back and realize that your life is unique and your experiences are not like anyone else's, it's easier to put things into perspective.

Everything happens for a reason. This is kind of my mantra and it helps me stay focused on my own experiences instead of comparing them to everyone else's. It's especially important to keep this in mind when things don't go the way that you originally thought they would.

Your life is yours and yours alone.

3. Happiness Is Key

https://www.pexels.com/search/happiness/

Being happy should be your number one priority in life. If you're not happy, then you can't live the best life possible. This is kind of the answer to everything in life. Every part of your life should make you happy. The people you surround yourself with, your job, the food you eat, the things you do, etc. When you're happy with your life, you're happy with yourself. And when you're happy with yourself, you don't feel as much of a need to compare things to other people.

For some, this can be difficult to achieve. I totally understand that. Start small. Do one thing everyday that makes you happy. Maybe you read, do yoga, FaceTime a friend, bake cookies, watch Netflix. Whatever it is, just make sure it something you truly enjoy that brings actual joy to your life.

It helps to have small things that you feel you have control over. When you start adding little elements like this, your outlook on life gets better. You also feel as though you have more control over life in general, because you have better control over how you feel.

Be happy. Blissfully happy.

In the end, it's about being okay with your place in the world and accepting that life is a complicated thing. Something that we have total and zero control over. It can seem overwhelming and like everyone is more put together than you, but we all struggle a little sometimes. the important thing is to never let yourself sink. Reach out for help if you ever need it.

You don't have to do this thing alone. Just remember to do the best you can with what you've got.

You've got this. I promise.