Keeping Your Faith Through Your Battle With Anxiety

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."

17
Brianna Spence

Anxiety is something that sadly is becoming more and more common. Anxiety can cause someone to feel like they are always being judged. It can cause someone to have a difficult time falling asleep because they are constantly thinking and reflecting on everything that has happened throughout the day. Anxiety can cause someone to criticize every decision that they have made. Anxiety can cause someone to feel doubt and a feeling of being overwhelmed constantly.

But we have no reason to feel anxious. No reason to feel anxious at all. We constantly have someone with us even when we have these feelings of doubt and being overwhelmed. We constantly have someone with us who cares about us and loves us. We have no reason to be anxious.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” - Philippians 4:6-7

Anxiety can cause us to be afraid to get close to someone, believing that it could eventually fail. Anxiety can cause us to have a fear and believe that everyone hates you and that they’ve never truly liked you. Anxiety is something that causes us to lose trust.

We have no reason to be afraid. We need to trust in God through it all. We need to let go of the fear and realize that we need to trust God in his plans and let go of our fear.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

Although this is easier said than done. It’s easy to see that anxiety is affecting those around us. It’s easy to let the anxious feeling overwhelm our lives even without trying. It’s easy to feel the effects of anxiety and have the cause us to be overwhelmed with fear. When we experience these feelings we need to open our bibles, and pray.