10 Favorite Things About Fall

10 Favorite Things About Fall

Fall isn't a season, it's a lifestyle.

6141
10 Favorite Things About Fall
www.google.com

That's right, sweater weather is only 24 days away. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm more than excited to say goodbye to the sticky, hot Kansas heat. Fall is full of wonderful things, the explosion of Autumn colors, pumpkin flavored everything, and the much needed weather change. I could talk about Fall for days, and slimming it down to the top 10 was difficult. Be ready, if you're a Fall lover like myself, this list will have you bouncing up and down like a kid on Halloween.

1. Football season

Friday night lights. Football has always been huge in my family. The first thing I ever remember watching on T.V. was a Raiders game, my Dad would jump around and scream like a crazy person. Truthfully, Football is the only sport I enjoy watching. (Go O Ducks!!) Another plus to football season, is the after game celebrations. Also the food.. lets not forget half priced wings.

2. Cool weather

Time to throw on a cardigan and enjoy the cool breeze. Swamp season is ending which means no more humid, hot, sweaty, and bug infested air. The bugs will finally descend back into Hell, where they belong. I live for cozy nights wrapped up in a blanket by the fire, with a cup of hot chocolate. Not to mention rainy days in Autumn when you have a good book to get into, top any 104 degree summer day.

3. Pumpkin Spice

The wait is over, the famous Pumpkin Spice Latte will return to all Starbucks September 1st. If you aren't a huge pumpkin fan, maybe the Salted Caramel Latte is up your alley. I also suggest getting the Pumpkin Spice in a Frappiccino.. seriously it's like Pumpkin Pie through a straw.

4. Fall scents

A Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte scented candle is enough to almost put me in cardiac arrest. I may already have 2 car freshners, 6 candles, 2 lotions, and 2 body sprays all pumpkin scented. Enough to remind me wherever I go, It's Fall.

5. Thanksgiving

Family time is the best time. Our lives can get hectic at times, it's nice to have this time of year when everyone gets together and catches up. I look forward to my mother's green bean casserole all year 'round, I can't convince the woman to make it any other time of the year.

6. Haunted houses/corn mazes

What's better than paying money to get the crap scared out of you? Nothing. I can normally keep my cool but the second someone wants to whip out the chainsaw, i'm gone. Corn Mazes are a fun activity, until you go at night and become lost.

7. Halloween

Alongside haunted houses comes one of the best holidays. Halloween is full of creepy decorations, free candy, and pumpkin gutting. You get to dress up as whoever/whatever you want and no one can really say anything. Last year my last minuet decision to dress up as Matt Bellasi ended me up on a Buzzfeed article. I have no idea how I top that this year, but just wait I'll think of something.

8. The changing leaves

Autumn is so beautiful. The colors of the leaves as they fall to the ground are mesmerizing. The crisp air flowing through the dark trees and the orange hues at sunset.. It's truly the most stunning sight.

9. TV shows are back

No more endless summer re-runs. I'm most excited for American Horror Story Season 6. It sucks that we have to wait all year for new seasons to premiere, but it makes it that much easier to cozy up on the couch and binge watch.

10. Fall style

Okay ladies now let's get in formation. Boot season has arrived, get those UGG's out of the depths of your closet and throw on your yoga pants. With all of the comfort food we eat throughout the season, stretch pants and warm boots are a must. The casual fall style has endless possibilities. So many scarfs, so little time.

I hope everyone is just as excited as I am after reading my top 10 favorite things about Fall. It's time to put your baking, pumpkin carving, and costume making skills to the test. It will go by fast though, take it slow and enjoy the moment because you'll have to wait another 9 months for the glorious Fall festivities to return.