An Open Letter To My College Best Friend

A college best friend tends to become your best friend for life.

6
www.popsugar.com

To My College Best Friend,

I met you when I was at my lowest point of my college career. I had recently lost a bunch of friends, due to stupid reasons. But you were able to look past all of that and accept me for who I was and who I am today. Thank you for sticking by my side since the day we met junior year.

When we met, I wanted nothing to do with college. I would come to class and leave campus right after, with no intentions of sticking around. The last place I wanted to be was on campus during my break. After we became friends, that all changed. I was fine with being on campus if I knew you would be there with me. You helped to change my outlook of college. I started to believe that I was capable of making better friends, ones who would truly care about me. You completely helped to re-open my eyes and see that college could be a good experience. You just have to make the best of everything that comes your way.

Between our Panera study sessions, shopping sprees, gym workouts, college tours (virtual and in-person) and just hanging out… I could not ask for a better college best friend. I hope you know that even though college is over, you are not getting rid of me anytime soon! We have been through way too much together to lose this friendship. So you are stuck with me! Get used to it, haha!

I do not know what I would do without you in graduate school, so I’m hoping we end up at the same college or university. I need someone to help keep me on my toes and help to keep my anxiety at an all-time high (haha). But seriously, you never fail to remind me about everything I have to do that I try to forget about and I thank you for that.

You are my honesty outlet. You are there to tell me what I need to hear, even if it’s something I do not want to hear. We motivate each other to succeed at everything we do and keep each other on track. We believe in each other, depend on each other and defend each other when needed.

This is my opportunity to say thank you for everything. Thank you for sticking by my side when no one else wanted to. Thank you for helping me pass all of my classes, because honestly, I would always forget about assignments and their due dates if you did not remind me constantly. There would be many days that I would have been completely lost with assignments if it was not for you. Thank you for helping me study and complete assignments. Thank you for calming me down when I am upset. Thank you for being there for me, day or night, when I needed to talk. But most importantly, thank you for being my best friend. I am so glad that college brought us together.

A college best friend tends to become your best friend for life... so here's to all of our future adventures; may they all be exciting and worthwhile.

Love,

Your College Best Friend